Bug? Possible cause of some of my freezes/crashes, can anyone replicate

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Quite specific to my use of audio clips, but I might have a clue at last.

Insert a long audio clip into a track eg a vocal or long pad. Shorten/resize the clip, using the clear/hollow arrows at either end of the clip, down to a bar or two bars. I'm in loop mode, markers set around the clip. Zoom in or not, I don't think it matters. I'm now using the white square in the clip header to scroll through the audio, while playing (also crashes when stopped), to find a good segment or sample. If I drag the white square left or right and the mouse moves outside the tracks area, either left into the browser/actions/whatever, or right off the screen, I'm getting weird behaviour including audio jumps back to original position, zoom reset, freeze or crash. In task manager 'memory in use' starts ramping up and I have to end task (Waveform) to stop it.

Edit: Waveform 13 Pro, latest beta.

Edit 2: restarted pc. Tried in Waveform 12, no issue. Opened Waveform 13, repeated above steps. Initially just the 'audio jump back to starting position as soon as the mouse drags outside track arranger area' occurred. Then after some zooming and scrolling and normal workflow actions the freeze occured. Ended task. Reopened edit (temporary file) and this time freeze happened first try.

https://youtu.be/6EvVlDLT5ss

I've made a video of this bug. The workflow is, I have a couple bars of an idea and I'm looking for a variation or a filler by scrolling through an audio clip in real time. It takes a while before the freeze and the ram problem, but the other bits are immediately obvious. This is a very common workflow for me for finding bits of breaks or bass or whatever to fit the track so fingers crossed.

Look in your log file, it should have the name of the crash log uploaded. Let me know what it is and I'll look into it.

Crash reports is empty, I quickly looked through the log file, for the last couple of sessions and all I saw was 'Last run failed to shut down cleanly' but nothing about a crash log (sorry, I might be missing something obvious).

It seems another user on Discord has the same issue and also has to kill the program.

Return to “Tracktion”