I need a Neil Young amplitube sound

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This part I liked best:
But basically he can't hear any of these amplifiers when he's standing onstage. They're history.
:lol:

thanks everyone. I'm gonna try a fender simulation in amplitube and back off the gain. What kind of compression settings would you recommend to get that Cortez attack? Long or short attack? release?

HansM wrote:
Lynyrd Skynyrd, Sweet Home Alabama, 2nd verse wrote: Well I heard mister Young sing about her
Well, I heard ole Neil put her down
Well, I hope Neil Young will remember
A Southern man don't need him around anyhow
damn right!
:hihi:

bluedad wrote:
HansM wrote:
Lynyrd Skynyrd, Sweet Home Alabama, 2nd verse wrote: Well I heard mister Young sing about her
damn right!
just run the chords for that one by me again....

Not sure if you were being serious, but it's G-D-C. If I remember correctly, the D should be one of the 'suspended' chords... dunno which is which, but it'd be the one with the high E left open rather than fretted at F#.

Greg

Lunch Money wrote:Not sure if you were being serious, but it's G-D-C.
Ah! I can do those!

(aplogies!)

donkey tugger wrote:
bluedad wrote:
HansM wrote:
damn right!
just run the chords for that one by me again....
hoho, the great southern rock instituion that is lynyrd skynyrd.
im guessing they thought that tune "southern man" niel young did was directed at all southern men?

On a sidenote: While I really like a LOT of Skynyrds albums and tunes, they seem to be quite some rednecks... and their audiences are full of those as well.
Defenitely no good.
There are 3 kinds of people:
Those who can do maths and those who can't.

Yeah, a clinical study was done at Harvard recently, and they found that aprox. 82.7% of all Skynyrd fans are total c**ts.

Serously. I'm not joking.

joe.m ... wow ... thanx :o :D 8)
Member 12, Studio One v6.5, VPS Avenger, Kontakt 7, Spitfire, Dune, Arturia, Sonible, Baby Audio, CableGuys, Nektar Panorama P1, Vaporizer 2 to test out

Return to “Effects”