Shakuhachi - Request

Official support for: chineekong.com & kongaudio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

It's time someone did more Shaku! I think Kong Audio are the people to do it. Your other samples sound great! The shaku style I'm thinking of, for example is Kazu Matsui

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/de ... ce&s=music

Listen to his Bamboo album at amazon. Listen to the music clips of Talking with the Rice spirits, The Shrine, and Black Bird & The Bamboo Forest.

Listen to the powerful effect he creates? I think this would be great. Right now there's no good shaku only in Quantum Leap RA which is pretty good, but not perfect. There's a lot of room for improvement.

I would like to see powerful melodic shaku, with a lot of grace notes, articulations and fx. Listen to the Kazu's Bamboo for a lot of great examples. Also Enigma shaku style would be good. This would be killer for tv, movie work!

Please consider... ;)

Hi starblue. Shakuhachi sounds very good and is a regular patch in many commercial soundwares. But for now, all we can say is we will most likely do things we know, to make sure our products surpass all the usual 'world ethnic collections' type of competitions made by people who have little idea what they are sampling.

We do have a similar instrument called ChiBa. However, ChiBa is not a major instrument in Chinese music, so currently we do not have a plan to record it.

That said, RA is indeed very good. :)

As for TV/movie scoring, since Shan also does film/TV scores himself, so all our products have a strong flavour for that type of music. You can feel that from the demo songs of ChineeWinds as well. :)

sosayweall wrote:Shakuhachi sounds very good and is a regular patch in many commercial soundwares. But for now, all we can say is we will most likely do things we know, to make sure our products surpass all the usual 'world ethnic collections' type of competitions made by people who have little idea what they are sampling.
This is a very good method! Sample libraries that are created by people who are unfamiliar with the instruments usually aren't very good, IMO.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples
Ultra-realistic sample libraries for Kontakt

Return to “Kong Audio”