how can i record/create a thick clap like this?

How to do this, that and the other. Share, learn, teach. How did X do that? How can I sound like Y?
RELATED
PRODUCTS

http://www.djandrewparsons.com/clap.mp3

i am confused on hwo to get a "meshy" "thick" clap like this. any help? it doesnt sound like one person clapping yet doesnt sound liek a group of applause

Have you tried asking a thick person to clap for you?

you could try layering a clap sampled from some (vintage?) drum machine and some real clap samples together, maybe using an envelope to shape their volume... that sound in the clip doesn't sound very natural to me.
never stop loving music.

Definately not all natural. lots of layers of claps with a relatively large amount of time in between each one.. I think i can hear a very quick decayed snare drum at the beginning turned way down in the mix. Careful this style of clap will go out of style quicker than... well, things that go out of style quickly. It was really really cool but all these people just try to mimmick conye west, nerd, etc.. If your making beats to sell, it will definately sell but you won't be an inovator.
The following statement is true.
The previous statement is false.

'thick' hehe..

i forget which old drum boxes have claps as such (god.. tap a matchbox wiv yer bic or bite an apple or something.. :p) bt the trick to the clap sound you're hearing i think is eq..

..since the mids on american.. mackie boards are 2.5kHz, boost right there on yr. clap sample with a beefy parametric eq for instant universal coolification..
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

ahah slapclap. fun.

whats the protection method on this? what if klanglabs dissapeared and i forgot my auth numbers? ;p

im always conscious abotu this shit as i been screwed many times

anything else?

hmm, two wooden boards slapped together can do wonders..
peace, Image

I got these - it's just set of dll's
ruddy bargain and pretty good too..

Slap ya arse, and press record, or vice versa.

vice versa!! :x :hihi:
peace, Image

Sicklecell666 wrote:Here ya go..No need to thank me..

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... light=clap

:D
If you're happy and you know it, clap your flaps...

Return to “Production Techniques”