Mode Machines - MAP-01 Arpeggiator (desperately looking for the Firmware Update MAP_01_Version_2_8.syx)!

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi guyz!

It's been a while since I've posted here, been a member for ages though, one of my absolute fav. Audio Forums! Just saying! :D

Anyhows... I bought this nice little hardware arpeggiator machine, as I have found a new addiction; ARPEGGIATORS in every shape and form, retro to DIY, controller keyboard, hardware and plugin synth internal etc.

So I bought a mint MAP-01 Midi Arpeggiator: https://www.modemachines.com/products/d ... ls/map-01/ and as you can tell from the link, it's discontinued... why have so many arp hardware projects gone out of business? Midi Pal, Bro, Gal etc. :(

So my problem: I apparently pressed the middle knob "a little to "firm", while holding the device and turning it on; and it went into firmware update, bootmenu mode as described here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAIJVgW8O5I&t=4s and now it's stuck of course; "turning it off and on again" or holding the button when turning it on - yields no result, i.E. it stays in bootmenu mode and awaits it's "MAP_01_Version_2_8.syx" firmware update file, which unfortunately is not provided anymore on the website because the MAP-01 is discontinued...

I wrote the company which is still operational but no answer (so far)... also the guy that made the Youtube video answered another users request for the file with "i deleted mine so i cant send it to you." :dog:

Is there anyone out there that has it and could send the MAP_01_Version_2_8.syx file to me? Maybe we could host it here or somewhere for others also looking to upgrade.

I checked way-back-machine snapshots of the www.modemachines.com manufacturer website but unfortunately I couldn't find it there... or hosted anywhere else for that matter.

This would be so awesome, thanks for any help / hint / idea or ofc. the file...! :hug:

Cheers
AMT
AMT

"Check out the only german Logic User Forum...www.logicuser.de

You might have better luck asking at Gearspace. That forum is far more hardware-focused than KVR is.
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7 | TR-8S | MPC One | TD-3 MO

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”