MT-PowerDrumKit 2 on Bitwig - how do you split channels? Newbie/Hobbyist

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi all - please be gentle, as I am slightly thick on this particular subject!

Yes, I get it - some of you would say, why do you wish to use that instead of what is already in BitWig?

I used MT-Drums for a long time in various DAWs and I like it.
Last year I purchased BitWig (exceptional for ambient!) and still used MT-Drums and sometime (rarely) the internal BitWig drum machine.

Being an hobbyist musician and not really interested in building from scratch - at present.
I tend to use the presets in MT-Drums and manually change it as needed.

One thing I never spent time on, was to find out how to do is splitting Kick, Snare, Toms, etc. in separate channels.
:? I have no idea, but I do know you can use least up to 8 channels with MT-Drums.

Anyone got the time for a step-by-step example?

Really appreciated, as this is a cross I have carried for a while now.

What I mean is:
1. starting with a MT preset first - to help me have something that already works
2. then split the channels for the kick snare whatever it is use for the specific preset.

I see there is a mixer settings within MT-Drums and I tried to set 1 channel per type and then did not know how to set separate tracks on BitWig.

Using a Grouped inst tracks?

No idea.

Thanks for taking the time 8)

KVRaudioline
KVRaudioline
:clap:

I just read it is called routing into separate tracks

I also found the 'show plug-in in multi-out chain selector and I now see the separate 8 channels I set within MT-Drums.

How do I transport it into tracks ?
KVRaudioline

I am going to leave it for now.

The only way you can kind-of do that, is to get MT-Drums Track and apply 'Slice to Drum Machine.

That separates it (slices) - so you 'kind of' get it.

But it is a bit 'ancient' way of doing it, instead of actually grab all and move into tracks.

I get it in theory is what you need, but not when I already have a needed length, unless I want to modify it and re-build - i.e. CTRL/CMD + D

It is a workaround.
KVRaudioline

Return to “Bitwig”