Rme ucx2 cubase

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

hello, I'm sorry if I don't post where I should, I'm new to the site and I hope it won't be considered as spam what I'm posting, on a certain forum I was banned for this topic. I have a problem with this audio interface, "rme ucx2" I'll tell you what the problem is: I tried to sample some string instruments from motyf xs in cubase, I recorded note by note at 96khz 32bit, the problem is that the sound played after recording no longer has the same quality and lacks details, it is no longer audible as pleasant as it sounds when I play directly from motyf on the same audio interface, the same monitors, for example I press the note C3 on motyf, I record it in cubase, after that I play in cubase and make a very big difference between what is heard from the keyboard and what is hear from what I recorded in cubase, when I record I don't use any effect, eq, compressor or anything else neither in cubase on track or master nor in totalmix in ucx, the same thing happens when I record voice or instrument, in direct monitoring it sounds very well, the problem is when playing the recording from cubase. what could be the problem? ucx2, cubase, Windows 7 64 bit operating system. I sampled those instruments from motyf directly in korg pa4 and it sounds very good, almost the same as in motyf. thank you

Maybe worth posting some sound sample links if poss to help identify the issue.

I'm sorry, I translate with google and it's easy to understand what I want to say

I don't know how to do it, where can I upload some recorded notes?, anyway, you don't notice the difference in sound if you don't have a motiff with you. the sound is not bad, distorted or with background noise, it's just that it doesn't sound like in the motif, it does very different. I don't want the recorded sound or the voice to be heard exactly like in motyf, the recorded instrument to be heard exactly like the original, but I want the rme to be as close as possible to the original. Is it possible that the problem is cubase or windows? .thank you

of, google translates this as he wants.

First thing that come to mind is
- loudness monitoring compared to playback
- ears perceive louder as more pleasent, usually
- so be particular about that when listening

Next would be if recording is making it mono, instead of stereo. Also changes how we perceive it.

About posting attachements, go to full editor, if not already.
- at bottom there are options to upload various formats
- a tab says Attachements and Add files(max 1 MiB)

Wav files are large, especially 96k, but export to 16-bit 44k or something, maybe even do mp3.

The interface has effects, so those could be affecting the sound when played live yet not the recorded one. You could also get a chorus type effect in the mix software on an RME by monitoring the signal from the keyboard and the computer simultaneously. When just hearing computer playback it will sound different.
I believe every thread should devolve into character attacks and witch-burning. It really helps the discussion.

thank you for your involvement and answer, I don't want to do anti-advertisement for rme or cubase, I've been working with them for many years, I had rme ucx1, now I have ucx2 with which I will work for a long time, I have genelec 8040b monitors, I like the sound quality of that's why I chose rme. I wanted to understand what's going on, maybe I'm not doing something right, it's possible that windows negatively affects the sound, maybe someone else noticed the difference between the directly monitored sound and the one played from the cubase recording, I work in the studio of over 16 years old, I have a little experience in the field, I've been playing the accordion since I was 5 years old and over 30 years on the keyboard. If I wasn't sure why I was doing and what I wanted, I wouldn't post this topic. I tested the sound from the cubase at the same volume with the one from the motif, I don't use and I didn't use when I recorded "simple" that instrument, effects from totalmix ucx2 and not from cubase or other plugins on the track or master, when I record I don't use any plugin, fx, eq, compressor or anything else .the instrument in the motif is a string, it is called ensmix, it consists of two different strings, one L the other - R for stereophonic, I recorded a stereo track with two similar cables, I use the best quality cables and plugs, I respected the exit from the motif when entering ucx, the result was not good, I entered the motif menu, I stopped one instrument at a time and recorded separately-L separately-R, I was not satisfied with the result. I really like that string instrument from the motif, I wanted to have it in the korg pa4 with which I sing at events. I recorded those strings separately L/R directly in the korg pa4, I assigned each wav to the notes and I'm very satisfied with how it sounds, I use it with love. you may wonder why I don't use it those strings from the motyf xf library for the native Kontakt instrument?, I didn't know it existed.I put a link with what I recorded

https://youtu.be/ieLgy6jjwjw

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”