Access Virus c in 2024 ?

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm looking at getting a access Virus c synthesizer looks quite good on YouTube i don't know much about hardware synthesizer but do I need a midi interface to use this ? I use ableton

Yes you will need a midi interface.
Just did a quick google for 2nd hand prices I would consider an access snow or ti. Less headache for the price difference. 😉

You could try the free version first, to see if it suits you.

MFXxx wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 4:26 pm Just did a quick google for 2nd hand prices I would consider an access snow or ti. Less headache for the price difference. 😉
Yeah, I guess it makes more sense. Although you would give up all the knobs on the synth then. Virus TI is MUCH more capable than the Virus C though.

And this:
seafire wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 4:34 pm You could try the free version first, to see if it suits you.

Thanks guys I had a access snow but would prefer a hands on synth , 500e is this a good deal?

nvm

Thanks for this

I was thinking about this and I could get a native instruments kontrol 49mk3 I think it has midi ports on the back of the keyboard

Do that and look at Viper by Adam Szambo thibk I spelt that right.
Imports and works well with most presets. Have Viper and a Ti use both.
So in short Viper and a midi controller will deliver very similar results if not identitical when in the mix.

Of course hardware lust is a battle 😊

https://www.adamszabo.com/vstplugins/viper/

Cheers mate thanks a lot

Re: Virus C vs TI, are you on a Mac or Windows? The reason I’m asking is because it could affect how much of an advantage the TI is over the C (ftr, I’ve owned at least a dozen Virus models, including a few versions of the C and several models of the TI/TI2, currently own a Polar TI2).
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7 | TR-8S | MPC One | TD-3 MO

Lectropunk aka influx808 wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 4:39 pm Thanks guys I had a access snow but would prefer a hands on synth , 500e is this a good deal?
That price is alright, I think.

Does he know about the Virus C emulation? Uh huh.

https://dsp56300.wordpress.com/
<list your stupid gear here>

I'm really looking for a hardware synths with knobs as I'm learning more about synthesis all the time, but thanks a lot

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”