Battery 3 on Apple Silicon Macs - is it doable?

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Is there a method anyone has found for installing Battery 3 on an Apple Silicon Mac?

NI have the installers available here and I already have the library installed on an external hard drive I used with my old computer, so I'm just trying to install the plugin itself.

Running the latest update installer fails, saying it doesn't detect an existing installation, and the original installer on the ISO is extremely old & 32-bit, so it won't even run at all. Anyone had any success installing this?

You could use Pacifist to extract the content of the installers from the .pkg from the download and copy the components manually to the corresponding directories.

https://pacifist.en.softonic.com/mac

However you will not be able to Authorize as Service Manager is deprecated. Native access will likely not work and Native Access 2 definitely won't work. It will run on an M1 computer with Rosetta installed.
"All persons living or dead are purely coincidental." - Vonnegut

If you upgrade to battery 4, you should be able to import battery 3 sounds library... Read somewhere.
Regards.
maanga

B4 def supports all of B3 library.

Thanks for the replies - definitely aware B4 can open B3 libraries, but I'm trying to open old projects which have instances of the B3 plugin itself.

there is absolutely no way to authorize it on Mac operating system releases past a certain point, ca. 2020.

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”