Hardware vs Software, the test.

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z231z5hG-MA

When reading the comments I understand that half of the commenters don't understand sound, even is it so exaggerated.
Isn't this obvious that one of the mixes sounds like a record, and the other is a muffled crap?
However I think this may be on purpose, since the guy is biased towards gear.

Who's the bodybuilder guy?

Oh, wait, why do I even ask? Every no name posts his mug shot on Youtube these days.

That guy should spend more time in the studio and less time at the gym and barber shop. I won't even bother watching that clickbait.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Meanwhile, I'm starting to become sort of uncomfortable when I see those YT stills ...

zerocrossing wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 8:18 pm I won't even bother watching that clickbait.
Exactly my thought when I saw the thumbnail. 😂

chk071 wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 8:27 pm
zerocrossing wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 8:18 pm I won't even bother watching that clickbait.
Exactly my thought when I saw the thumbnail. 😂
It's just getting so damn predictable. Thousands of idiots yelling b.s. to generate outrage and controversy. It's all fake. A few months ago I watched a dude cut down a software saturator and he just seemed to be yelling that "it doesn't do anything," as he proceeded to not use it correctly. I politely suggested that it does indeed do something, and actually sounds pretty good, but you have to increase the gain to get it to start saturating, and he just responded with some rude know-it-all reply.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Well, I actually listened to the video. Dunno why, call it stupidity, call it fkn tired after a long 12 hour night shift on a nearly full moon. TBH the best way he could have improved that mix was to turn the master faders down to zero. Don't care what gear he used, any twat can torture a guitar and shout at the mic and make it sound better than that. AND...when that "presenter" had his fight with the hair clippers, the clippers obviously won, and then did a victory dance all over his eyebrows too. That boy needs a proper haircut - short back'n'sides, no Brylcreem. :P

Does this matter how he looks or who he is?

roman.i wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 9:17 pm Does this matter how he looks or who he is?
You have to put faith in his ability to set up a proper test/evaluation. Maybe how he looks shouldn't matter (even though it obviously does for many people), you probably don't want to put faith in someone who doesn't have a strong track record.

roman.i wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 9:17 pm Does this matter how he looks or who he is?
It surely makes a difference whether I click on a Youtube video link or not.

Yes. He's wearing a uniform that clearly says, "I'm hip and can bench a lot! You should listen to me! I'm an alpha!" not, "I spend a lot of time in a dim room tweaking knobs and carefully crafting a mix." :lol:
Zerocrossing Media

Uncle E wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 9:25 pm
You have to put faith in his ability to set up a proper test/evaluation. Maybe how he looks shouldn't matter (even though it obviously does for many people), you probably don't want to put faith in someone who doesn't have a strong track record.
My point isn't necessarily how one looks, but that's a look that's very carefully crafted and requires a lot of upkeep and attention. Add the click bait title and graphics and it's an instant pass for me.

BTW, the jerk who I mentioned in my previous post about a saturation plugin looks like a typical engineer, but is also doing the same thing, but in a lower key way.

I also know what an ITB vs a hardware mix is, and if that guy showed a huge difference, there's shenanigans going on, or he doesn't understand his tools.
Zerocrossing Media

You gotta understand that now days with social media, to be a “music influencer”, actual musical knowledge and talent isn't even in the top 50% of required skills.

So yeah, as an arguably successful content creator, how he looks is unfortunately not just important, it’s probably more important than his actual production skills.

Because that thumbnail gets people to do the one thing that matters that actual skill and knowledge doesn’t: it get’s people to click on the video.

I mean you being up some valid points, yet this video has over 4k views and the comment section is an echo chamber of incompetence.

This post might as well be telling us water is wet or that fire is hot lol.

i need Help wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 3:57 am Because that thumbnail gets people to do the one thing that matters that actual skill and knowledge doesn’t: it get’s people to click on the video.
Has the opposite effect for me.

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”