Best mouse and keyboard for music production

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm looking at SteelSeries Rival 600, and no idea for keyboard.

Thanks!

I think it's most just down to personal preference with stuff like this, but I will say that I've found wireless versions of both mouse and keyboard super helpful when it comes to music production specifically. I can easily move them around to fit things like my keyboard on my desk, or step further away from the desk to record things more in the back of the room where my mic is while still being able to use the mouse and adjusting tracks in the daw easily

I'll be ok with wired, cos my room wouldn't allow for that neway. :)

I bought MX Master mouse and Keyboard from Logitech. I thought that the side wheel on the mouse would be really great to navigate around the DAW but it turned out that the mouse wheel on the side is too slow and doesn't have acceleration. It's other functions are still great for macros in Studio One

As for the keyboard, it's okay... But I don't use any of its functions actually. I overpaid for the keyboard because of this. Keyboard feel is okay though.
I was using a gaming mouse and keyboard and they weren't wireless, I bought them just to get rid of the cables.

Now I think that I'd be okay with any other wireless keyboard. I'm following this thread to get some keyboard suggestions.

Fornicras wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 11:49 am I bought MX Master mouse and Keyboard from Logitech.
The MX Keys is really great. Quite expensive though.

In general, I wouldn't say that mouse and keyboard are exactly relevant for music production though. Typing and gaming is another thing.

chk071 wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 12:15 pm
In general, I wouldn't say that mouse and keyboard are exactly relevant for music production though. Typing and gaming is another thing.
:tu:

I need a new mouse and keyboard, just wanted to check what people say. I bought a new PC (something decent) but i'm still stuck using budget mouse and keyboard.

Fornicras wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 11:49 am I bought MX Master mouse and Keyboard from Logitech. I thought that the side wheel on the mouse would be really great to navigate around the DAW but it turned out that the mouse wheel on the side is too slow and doesn't have acceleration. It's other functions are still great for macros in Studio One

As for the keyboard, it's okay... But I don't use any of its functions actually. I overpaid for the keyboard because of this. Keyboard feel is okay though.
I was using a gaming mouse and keyboard and they weren't wireless, I bought them just to get rid of the cables.

Now I think that I'd be okay with any other wireless keyboard. I'm following this thread to get some keyboard suggestions.
:tu: thanks for replying

I found the wireless to not be cost effective or consistent due to battery life. And they all wear out. What's been best for me is any wired (lighted) keyboard and the Kensington Trackball. Much better for wrist as well. I do use USB extensions on both for when I find need to temporarily place them elsewhere.

Spring Goose wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 2:33 pm
chk071 wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 12:15 pm
:tu:

I need a new mouse and keyboard, just wanted to check what people say. I bought a new PC (something decent) but i'm still stuck using budget mouse and keyboard.
If you want to get a better feel, you can't go wrong with the above mentioned MX Keys and MX Master combo IMO.

i love my MX Master 3 mouse. Ditto on the horizontal scroll though, i thought it would be amazing but i actually never use it. The main mouse wheel is awesome though, i cant imagine not having it now.

i have a Logitech mechanical keyboard too (the one with white leds and brown switches, forget the model) and it feels great. However, if my guitar pickups are anywhere within about a foot of it, i get unmanageable noise until i move or point the guitar elsewhere. This happened with another cheap mechanical keyboard (Reddragon), so it might be worth consideration if you play guitar/bass. Not a dealbreaker, just a minor annoyance.

I'm a big fan of trackballs instead of mice, so much more accurate.
I prefer to use only the Microsloth Natural ergo keyboards.
They take a bit to get used to, however now I have challenges with regular keyboards.

Thanks everybody!
Dirk Diggler wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 11:41 am I'm a big fan of trackballs instead of mice, so much more accurate.
I prefer to use only the Microsloth Natural ergo keyboards.
They take a bit to get used to, however now I have challenges with regular keyboards.
I don't have space for one of these keyboards anyway. :(

id think id smoked enough weed and it was time for bed :hihi:

vurt wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 2:16 pm id think id smoked enough weed and it was time for bed :hihi:
:lol:

Give it a try as many as possible. I think there is no BEST because everybody has a different taste.
hide.h [MySite]

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”