Is there a searchable manual

Official support for: rogerlinndesign.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Looking for that one setting somewhere in there, what's it called, something with the last note played on off switch?

Google is your friend, try something like this in Google:

site:www.rogerlinndesign.com/support/support-linnstrument last note played on off switch

You might also read through this thread:
viewtopic.php?p=8509468&hilit=user+manual

crsmarker wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 8:53 pm Looking for that one setting somewhere in there, what's it called, something with the last note played on off switch?
Please explain the issue more clearly instead of throwing us vague key words to search for. What are you trying to accomplish on the LinnStrument?

Thanks for the help. This is what I was looking for. I was switching Surge MPE presets and getting a sound that I thought might have something to do with this setting, and having just read the whole on line manual I forgot where it was noted. It seems to be in two different places. of course my issue may have had nothing to do with this setting but I had to give up finding it because I would have needed to read the whole manual again.

Pitch Bend Reset on Release mode

When using MPE mode in some synths (including those in Logic), you may notice an occasional fast pitch sweep at the start of a note. This is because the last time that voice was used, you released the note after a pitch slide. Then when you played the new note, LinnStrument zeroed the pitch bend amount at the start of the new note, then the synth reset the voice's pitch from the previous bend to zero, but it smoothed the pitch change, resulting in a fast pitch sweep. If you're using a sound with a fast release, a simple workaround is to enable LinnStrument's Reset On Release mode, in which any pitch bends are reset (zeroed) when you release the note instead of when you play each new note. Of course this won't work if you're using a long-release sound because the pitch of sustained, pitch-bent notes will snap snap to original pitch when you release the note. Here's now to enable Reset On Release mode:

In Per-Split Settings, Pitch/X column, turn on the 5th note pad from the top.

This is explained in more detail in the Panel Settings page, Per-Split Settings tab.

Return to “Roger Linn Design”