Bets on impOscar 3?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Is it the next GForce update? Or VSM first?

When do you think it will be released?

Think it will also have the modulation system of Oddity and Minimonsta?

What other goodies do you guess?

I'm think it will be next, but I don't know maybe VSM given that it must be a very similar engine to the M-Tron to hold the samples.

I wildly guess by October 2023.

New browser is obvious. Probably also a reverb. Really not sure about modulation. OB-E didn't have it be that's a different beast. Torn on whether they'd add the per knob mods.

I am so dying for an impOSCar 3 that has VST3 support, oscillator sync, X modulators, and MPE support. I love impOSCar simply because it's a trance synth!

My wish list would include…

Better emulation accuracy. impOSCar 2 sounds awesome, but not quite as wild and raw as the hardware.

Oscillator sync was a good idea, Korg Supporter. Put me down for that too.

MPE and polyphonic aftertouch are a must.

Additive wave morphing would be really special. Let me draw some number of waveforms and then have a modulatable morph control. Even if it were just two, that would rock.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

I am hoping for the imposcar next.
It is one of my favourite pad machines.

rsp
sound sculptist

zerocrossing wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 3:38 pm My wish list would include…

Better emulation accuracy. impOSCar 2 sounds awesome, but not quite as wild and raw as the hardware.

Additive wave morphing would be really special. Let me draw some number of waveforms and then have a modulatable morph control. Even if it were just two, that would rock.
Wave morphing and resynthesis would be killer! We don't have enough realtime additive softsynths, even ones that are simple and approachable.

zvenx wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 3:39 pm I am hoping for the imposcar next.

rsp
It is great for trance and ambient music, as proven by the fact that Rick Smith of Underworld made patches for it.

Polyphonic aftertouch has always been there. I wouldn't expect MPE though, none of their other recent updates have MPE. I would not be surprised if they add it across the board eventually though, I've seen comments to that effect from them.

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 2:37 pm Is it the next GForce update? Or VSM first?

I think it's possibly next and sooner than October. I only say this because I thought that G Force made an announcement and generally they seem to make announcements with relatively short fulfillment windows, playing their hands pretty close to the chest.

This comment is offered entirely in the spirit of FWIW; I have no inside track or private connections with G Force, so consider this note speculative.
“Madness, as you know, is like gravity: all it takes is a little push.”

I hope an impOSCar update is next. It's one of my favorites.
I'm not expecting a groundbreaking revolution from it though, more like a functional evolution.
Recent updates have focused on stuff like being able to resize, better browser, and a few sound or feature improvements.

I also secretly wish for an impOSCar update! It's one of my favorite plugins of all times, the GUI now is so tiny, I really hope it would be modernized on all fronts sound and GUI.

tristan- wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 11:38 am I also secretly wish for an impOSCar update!
Not anymore now! :D

Korg Supporter wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 3:44 pm
zerocrossing wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 3:38 pm My wish list would include…

Wave morphing and resynthesis would be killer! We don't have enough realtime additive softsynths, even ones that are simple and approachable.
I was thinking about that myself just yesterday!
Just something quirky and basic, maybe 8 frames of analysis/reproduction using the existing additive oscillators.

In a survey I also asked for a “boring” GUI option with a more standard grouping and layout of the controls. As it is now, every time I’ve been away for a while I have to stare at it for a little while to remember all the weird places the different controls are scattered.

dlandis wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 10:57 pm
Echoes in the Attic wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 2:37 pm Is it the next GForce update? Or VSM first?

I think it's possibly next and sooner than October. I only say this because I thought that G Force made an announcement and generally they seem to make announcements with relatively short fulfillment windows, playing their hands pretty close to the chest.

This comment is offered entirely in the spirit of FWIW; I have no inside track or private connections with G Force, so consider this note speculative.
I didn't realize gforce made an announcement about it. They are usually very tight lipped about updates and new releases,

Korg Supporter wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 3:46 pm
zvenx wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 3:39 pm I am hoping for the imposcar next.

rsp
It is great for trance and ambient music, as proven by the fact that Rick Smith of Underworld made patches for it.
hes also daves mate.

Return to “Instruments”