Best acoustic guitar for playing on LinnStrument?

Official support for: rogerlinndesign.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey everyone,

I was just wondering if people had suggestions for a great (hopefully convincing) acoustic guitar virtual instrument to play with the LinnStrument?

I was hoping there'd be something on the level of SWAM's modelling that uses MPE, but I haven't found anything like it.

Ample Software's sounds really good from what I've heard, but it doesn't really look like it supports MPE or is set up for playing...more programming it, but I could be wrong. And I've also heard some great electric guitar on the LinnStrument (would love to hear what people use for those, but really want to get something acoustic up and running).

Would love to hear what other LinnStrumentalists have been able to do!

Note: I am a Windows user who uses Bitwig.

Many LinnStrument players seem to like Orange Tree Samples for guitar sounds. In general, I find samples to work best for guitar sounds rather than synthesis.

There are some good examples of guitar sounds in the 3 LinnStrument compilation vidoes on my site's LinnStrument product page. Compilation video #3 lists the sounds that each segment uses. Compilation videos #1 and #2 don't list the sounds, but some of the videos show the sound name and all the segment list the players' names, so you could search YouTube for the original videos by the same person, then post a question in the video's comments about what sounds he used.

Tim Behrens uses the Orange Tree Samples Evolution Steel Strings in this YouTube video, which was part of the LinnStrumentalists compilation video.

If you only need a classical guitar sound, then Pianoteq 8 now has a imho very nice modeled classical guitar. It's almost fully MPE compliant, but everything important to me is working well.

For bass guitar you could try Modo Bass 2. It's also physically modeled but is not really MPE compliant. With a bass guitar, maybe that is also not that important.
Find my (music) related software projects here: github.com/Fannon

Another vote for Pianoteq 8 for guitar sound for the Linnstrument - Also note it is now available for IOS :!:
(Your desktop license extends to all your IOS devices for on the road practicing. )

Love it for my Linnstrument, also try the retrigger option for more rhythmic guitar like sound.

Return to “Roger Linn Design”