Behringer Model D resonance

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Would anyone mind checking their Model D for me?

I feel like mine has noticeable resonance even when the knob is at zero.

More than other synths I own anyway. It's not crazy.. maybe just like a 2 on some other monosynth, but it is interesting and I wonder if it's a calibration thing. Or this is how a Model D should sound?

Thanks;

Danno wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 4:26 pm Would anyone mind checking their Model D for me?

I feel like mine has noticeable resonance even when the knob is at zero.

More than other synths I own anyway. It's not crazy.. maybe just like a 2 on some other monosynth, but it is interesting and I wonder if it's a calibration thing. Or this is how a Model D should sound?

Thanks
This was a while ago and I was not listening for this particular resonance effect. But the Model D that I purchased did not exhibit any unwanted resonance.

But this was 2 years ago. I returned the Model D because I found the size to be too small and the synthesis engine just complicated enough to make programming patches on the fly tedious.

All of my other hardware synths have the ability to store patches. I just couldn't deal with programming sounds from scratch from that tiny interface on the Model D.

Bumping this because I swear it's way worse than before. Even with the res at 0, there's a good amount of res applied.

And so even with the filter wide open, I'm getting a quieter signal. (as per the usual moog filter, if you know what I mean)

Is the res pot trimmable?

Little update to my own post. I opened it up and the res trim was all the way down. When I restarted the ModelD, the res was back to normal.

The unit had been on constantly for maybe even a couple years. I wonder if something in the circuit creeps the res up over time?

Wow, you don't turn your gear off ever? :o

I do for the most part.. but I've got 2 of those behringer synths rack mounted and the power switch is harder to reach.

:o im surprised thats all thats happened tbh.

:) Isn't leaving on better for the unit instead of charging/discharging the caps?

Tho also.. the 1/4" sockets inside the case has some weird mineral deposits building up. Hmm. Hah.

My unit also mysteriously cured itself recently. It may have been a newer firmware update so I suggest doing that first. And then maybe go through a recalibration procedure.
<list your stupid gear here>

Oh you had the high resonance thing too?

I didn't know there was a new FW. And I also didn't know about a calibration routine. Thanks I'll check this out.

Danno wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 9:05 pm Oh you had the high resonance thing too?

I didn't know there was a new FW. And I also didn't know about a calibration routine. Thanks I'll check this out.
Actually it was the opposite, no self-resonating filter.
<list your stupid gear here>

If all the way down works best, just replace the trimmer with resistor or jumper (depending on how it's wired). You're lucky it's an easy fix.

nvm

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”