Uh is someone cracking user passwords?

Any problems with the site? How can we improve KVR?
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

We're getting flooded with VST hack threads from random users. Did someone get a hold of the database, or is someone cracking passwords here? (e thanks for moving the thread :) )

dumbledog wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 7:33 pm We're getting flooded with VST hack threads from random users. Did someone get a hold of the database, or is someone cracking passwords here? (e thanks for moving the thread :) )
Other databases* got hacked - people using the same password for multiple accounts/websites...

* https://haveibeenpwned.com/

True, but several threads in a short time on a relevant subject suggests they're targeting KVR specifically.

dumbledog wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 8:03 pm True, but several threads in a short time on a relevant subject suggests they're targeting KVR specifically.
Spam for an audio software cracking website wouldn't have much audience on a forum about fishing / stamp collecting / .... :wink:

Too much of a coincidence all of them only having one or zero previous posts. I doubt it's a hack.
More likely an existing member with lots of sleeper accounts.

Aliens wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 8:15 pm More likely an existing member with lots of sleeper accounts.
Could be, does it matter? (regarding which database was hacked)
People that once made an account and haven't used it (much) sound like typical password re-users.
Last edited by T-CM11 on Thu Feb 02, 2023 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

---

Well it doesn't matter enough for me post the same thing twice :tu:

Aliens wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 8:38 pm Well it doesn't matter enough for me post the same thing twice :tu:
Are you referring to me, accidently pressing the quote in stead of edit button?

Yes, for affirming your single password theory twice, not for your button presses.

Hell burns!

Return to “Site Stuff”