Menu organization in Acoustica

Official support for: acondigital.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

In my humble opinion, the menus are a bit confusing in Acoustica. File, Edit and View are ok, but there's too many menus after that: Audio is not very clear to describe a duplicate of the main command block, some processing you can find in Tools could easily be in Enhancement, some effects could be in tools (Time Stretch is not a effect in my opinion but a processing, although Harmonzation is an effect), Volume has to deal with Dynamics through the normalization, and it's a bit strange to get a 'volume' in the 'volume' menu, etc.

So, I suggest:

to rename Audio to Command or whatever
to include the Volume options in Tools as well as the time stretch and transposition options.

But maybe I'm the only one that doesn't find it clear... And maybe I'm not clear... :)

Thanks for your suggestion. Personally, I don't think that it is a good idea to place everything in a command menu as this would turn very large. We also want to have the possibility to add new processing tools in the future. Some of the effects, like Time Stretching, are a bit hard to classify, but long-time users will probably not welcome too radical changes. We might do some slight rearrangements in version 8, though.

Best,
Stian

I am also not clear with the sorting of the commands into menus.
This means, sometimes I am looking for some command in the wrong menu. Current sorting is not wrong, but could be improved, I think.

One way of sorting could be one main Menü with ALL commands/FX, sorted into categories like "Volume" (Including Dynamics & Volume tools), "Frequency" (including EQ, Vitalise etc) and "Time" (Time-Strech, delay-based FX).

Additionally, other main menus could be named and sorted according to tasks (Restauration, Mastering, Editing....), containing a subset of the all-containing main menu.

I have to add, I am not a daily long-term user and this is clearly "nice to have" rather than necessary.

Makrophag wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 9:10 am I am also not clear with the sorting of the commands into menus.
This means, sometimes I am looking for some command in the wrong menu. Current sorting is not wrong, but could be improved, I think.

One way of sorting could be one main Menü with ALL commands/FX, sorted into categories like "Volume" (Including Dynamics & Volume tools), "Frequency" (including EQ, Vitalise etc) and "Time" (Time-Strech, delay-based FX).

Additionally, other main menus could be named and sorted according to tasks (Restauration, Mastering, Editing....), containing a subset of the all-containing main menu.

I have to add, I am not a daily long-term user and this is clearly "nice to have" rather than necessary.
Thanks for the feedback. We'll probably do some reorganizing in Acoustica 8.

Best,
Stian

Return to “Acon Digital”