Made a usb midi controller app with MPE support. happy to give away for free

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I just made a USB Midi controller App for Android and iOS, specifically for Finger Drumming on the go on a tablet or a phone, but also just for pad based note input and mid control. If anyone is interested in it, feel free to give it a spin. I am happy to send out promo codes so you can download it for free. I am just interested to get it into peoples hands and find out what everyone thinks about it.

I think I will then keep developing it based on suggestions from users, if there is any interest. I think the coolest part about it is that it turns your tablet into a cheap MPE controller. I found it to be pretty fun and expressive, especially when paired with the 'Expression Control' and 'MPE Control' devices in Ableton.

GOOGLE PLAY LINK: https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... .beat_pads

APPLE STORE LINK: https://apps.apple.com/au/app/beat-pads/id1633882803

Hope you like it and it is somewhat useful to you and please message me for a promo code to get it for free.

I hope that this is not considered spam. If yes… sorry about that!

Nice, I didn’t bother to get a code and just spent that €…
I certainly want a tritone layout and I guess some might also like a fifth (think violin). It could be a poor mans LinnStrument that way…
First impression. It doesn’t do pitch bend as expected. I would slide to any other note on the x-axis and it should bend to that note (that is way more than the little square…)… For this the pitch bend range has to be 48, but you need to calculate the space according to the number of divisions and the size of the iPad. (I have a mini, bigger iPads need a different range). Or the user can set a different range to adapt to her iPad herself…
I have to add, I am a LinnStrumentalist who wants to play with my mini if my main controller isn’t set up. Finger drumming isn’t my main motivation…
Thanks for starting that project…

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”