Are you using the serial number feature or not?

Official English support for: maizesoft.cn
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Quick question to commercial Maize plugin developers - are you using the serial number feature when you sell you plugins?

I've got a couple of free plugins but next one will be paid - not much, maybe $5 or $10 - and I'm wondering whether the serial number feature is worth the effort and/or support burden? 🤔

I have never used that feature.

In fact, this function does not guarantee protection through the serial, I already used it and with the same serial that you provide to your client, it can be used over and over again.

hector rivera 93 wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 1:53 am In fact, this function does not guarantee protection through the serial, I already used it and with the same serial that you provide to your client, it can be used over and over again.
That sounds like intended behavior.

As I understand it, the serial feature is simply there to offer some protection against the sharing of the plugin itself. It does not offer any protection against the sharing of serial numbers themselves.

If you add 100 serials to a plugin and randomly assign those 100 serials to buyers that doesn't stop any of them sharing the plugin and their serial with other people.

I never used the serial feature because it caused problems with customers in the past (not my customers, but customers from another dev).

I use it, and its does offer some protection but is easily defeated. But I think it adds value to the average joe. The deep users
Alex Greggs a.k.a (kyamerA)
kyamerAmusic.com

Currently, I'm unable to utilize this option as it freezes the entire player. I can't even input the generated serial numbers due to encountering errors. At one point, it even caused the application to crash. Since updating to version 2.10, there's been some improvement in stability.
However, there's still significant work needed for the software to achieve full stability.

Return to “Maizesoft”