Any plans for an apulSoft compressor?

Official support for: www.apulsoft.ch
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Subject says all.

I am really really loving everything apulSoft is putting out. Finding apQualizer to be my go-to EQ (and I have a lot of EQs). Would really complete the fx (eq-saturation-compression) trio.

What did you have in mind?

I find the dynamics controls in the EQ quite capable of both general compression, dynamic eq and transient shaping, the only thing missing for me from the EQ for me personally is sidechaining and multichannel support.

I once started working on a compressor, but it never reached a release-worthy state. I might pick it up again in the future, but there are two other plugins in the works before that. Personally I like to use apShaper for dynamics with the work split between the dynamics module and removing dynamic by saturating the signal. The dynamics code in apShaper and apQualizr2 is not great when it comes to detecting very short features and the gain transfer curve is kinda rigid. A proper compressor would have intersample peak detection as well as much more flexible gain transfer curves. I'd also definitely would want to have multiple stages that can be used in parallel or serial configurations.

Return to “apulSoft”