Bug Report: Beat/transient slicer layout bug

Official support for: tx16wx.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi, just want to report another bug.

When I put a file into wave pool and toggle transient slicer then layout slices, those slices in region view are not in their original pitch, C4 is shifted 12 semitones up, C4# is 13 semitones up etc, hope this can be fixed. Here's my sample file.
https://www.mediafire.com/file/cejwhrc1 ... d.zip/file

Btw, this is the second time I'm planning a YT video tutorial for TX16Wx then ended with basic function bugs, all my scripts and efforts are wasted, really frustrating, I really want to boost TX16Wx's sales for free, but it just doesn't allow me :(

Michael

I'm with a MacBook Air 2014 Big Sur 11.6.5, TX16Wx version is 3.5.0w 6278.859.

You are operating on a pitched loop (weird enough), and I am assuming you layout the slices into a pitched group as well. Layout only cares about placing the slices in a way traversable by keys. Not your intents w.r. pitching of the material.
Since I am guessing you was just gonna use the loop slices to change play order, just turn off pitch in the group and all will be well. Another option is to just select the slice regions and delete the root keys (i.e. setting a no-root root override).
Not a bug.
TX16Wx Software Sampler:
http://www.tx16wx.com/

elcallio wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 1:57 am You are operating on a pitched loop (weird enough), and I am assuming you layout the slices into a pitched group as well. Layout only cares about placing the slices in a way traversable by keys. Not your intents w.r. pitching of the material.
Since I am guessing you was just gonna use the loop slices to change play order, just turn off pitch in the group and all will be well. Another option is to just select the slice regions and delete the root keys (i.e. setting a no-root root override).
Not a bug.

Hi, I layout the slices through right-click the wave, then slice, then layout slice, just like what I used to do, but got no luck on proper chopping it onto keypads. I'll try your suggestion see how it goes, thanks!

elcallio wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 1:57 am You are operating on a pitched loop (weird enough), and I am assuming you layout the slices into a pitched group as well. Layout only cares about placing the slices in a way traversable by keys. Not your intents w.r. pitching of the material.
Not a bug.

You're right! After I delete the root note of my sample in wave pool, the pitch in region slices became normal.

But, every time I drag n drop a new melodic sample, it automatically adds a root note, does this mean I have to delete it every single time when I start with a new sample? This is not a usual workflow imo, one might can't figure out by himself, like me, I have to ask in the forum to get it work as will.

Hope it can be improved.

Also please help me out on how to turn pitch mode off in group settings, where should I click, I really couldn't find this option...

Group: set keycents to 0. (Ct column - 100ct / seminote == normal scale, 0 == no scale).
You can just override root keys in regions, or create a program-level non-destructive wave change by deleting the root key in the source wave as imported. Or remove the root and re-save the wave to have it gone forever.

TX does _not_ add anything to your waves. They are apparently created as such (root info is embedded in waves if saved with it), and TX respects your material and assumes (perhaps naively) that you know what you are doing. It is a very good rule of thumb to not set up roots in material not intended for scaled operations, and vice versa. Whoever created this loop did you a disservice by setting a root key. Which in a melody sequence like this is perhaps less than accurate...
TX16Wx Software Sampler:

elcallio wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 9:23 am Group: set keycents to 0. (Ct column - 100ct / seminote == normal scale, 0 == no scale).
You can just override root keys in regions, or create a program-level non-destructive wave change by deleting the root key in the source wave as imported. Or remove the root and re-save the wave to have it gone forever.

TX does _not_ add anything to your waves. They are apparently created as such (root info is embedded in waves if saved with it), and TX respects your material and assumes (perhaps naively) that you know what you are doing. It is a very good rule of thumb to not set up roots in material not intended for scaled operations, and vice versa. Whoever created this loop did you a disservice by setting a root key. Which in a melody sequence like this is perhaps less than accurate...

I just tried a few samples from Cymatics, almost every sample needs me to either delete Root note from wave pool, or delete group keycents from 100 to 0, how could a normal user figure all these secrets out? Although you said these parameters are burned into the wave file, but they're not visible at all, I know these secrets all by taking my time asking in this forum and you take your patience and time helping me out. Otherwise I will never figure these secrets out.

Man, I respect your respects on user's material, but my point is for a normal user's perspective, not a developer who knows all the invisible secrets on wave files and your product, the workflow is not easily-figure-able. I work in IT industry and been designing mobile softwares for nearly a decade, and I teach music production in my spare time too, I think I really know what I'm suggesting here.

I also read about a post asking why TX16Wx is not widely used and talked about, I think it really has to do with the UI and workflow. I'm willing to take my time and patience for learning how to use TX, because I'm a YouTuber and focusing on finding best budget musical gear solutions for my viewer, but not everyone has this much willing to try and cross the learning curve.

Please take these suggestions under consideration, I really appreciate your masterpiece, and I think it can be better and becoming more people's musical weapon.

Michael from YouTube channel [playpm]

If you are using wave files but don't understand how they work, perhaps a second or two to learn this might be in order?
I don't think basic sound production aspects/attributes known to all since the early 90:s are really "secrets".
There is some logic to automatically removing roots from regions generated by layout slices, since roots there are literally useless anyway, maybe guarded with an option, but it does not really solve the issue of a user not understanding what he is doing, does it? It just moves the target of confusion a bit. And you can bet there will be someone complaining about the reverse scenario...
TX16Wx Software Sampler:

Fine, I'll look somewhere else, then develop a better one.

Return to “CWITEC”