AUM Audio Mixer - iPad, a 'must have' for iOS music makers

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I am utterly converted to AUM

https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/aum-audio ... 1055636344

Stunning design, flawless operation and it has basically revolutionised the way I make music with the iPad....combined with a few cool sequencer tools (Rozeta Sequencer Suite, a looper, a few AUV3 fx) and you have a very cool unique and perfectly in sinc set up.

Any one else gone this way?
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Most definitely. I open AUM every day to get ideas down. There’s a Discord as well https://discord.gg/CTxNE46b

It's a great environment for all things music with IOS. Also use it as a host for live performance - works flawlessly for this.

+1 .. by far my most used host software on iOS.

Yep, me too.
Very easy to use but has the features I need to use iOS sequencers and effects in the studio. I use Link to sync AUM with Bitwig and a Missing Link from Circuit Happy.

Brilliant with hardware as well-I have been using it with my new OXI (over BT) and AUM makes it a breeze to set up and save templates for the 4 sequencers with instruments, fx etc. I was so impressed I have splashed out for a MOTU M2 just as an iPAD interface so I can midi it up and take the output to my mixer- super low latency 'hardware' synth module :)

being a bit of a modular guy the workflow with AUM just appeals to me, so many interesting little sequencers and loopers that can be 'linked' together just like you would do in a modular with the ever expanding array of AUV3 fx (that is what has rally made the difference for me, its like using VSTs now!)

Interest to know what peoples most interesting or used AU's are in AUM, there are some really interesting new developers on the iOS platform (and of course some old friends like Sugar Bytes and Fab Filter)
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Sequencers - lk, polybeat, helium

Instruments: koala sampler, egoist, fac drumkit drc, magellan 2, synthmaster 2, kaspar, tal-u-no-lx

Too many fx to name but some favourite developers are toneboosters, kai aras and bleass. Have used grooverider standalone a fair bit but not much as an au so need to look into that. Also need to dig deeper into drambo.

I have my iPad hooked up to an AVIO USB so I can use it as part of my Dante network. I have a WIDI interface connected to one of my MIOXLs so I can send/recieve MIDI via Bluetooth to/from any of my hardware instruments.
I use Fugue Machine and the Rosetta suite for sequencing quite a bit. I use Enso as a looper and some other Audio Damage effects. I played around with the MI Rack app a bit but for some reason VCV just doesn't click for me.

Yeh, VCV just doesn't work for me on the iPAD but stuff like Fugue and the cool stuff like Collider and Particles in Rozeta seem more in the spirt of Modular than a lot of other things I use that 'look' like modular...

Lots of people stay loyal to Audiobus.
How would you describe main differences between these two apps?
Advantages or otherwise…

Atlatnesiti wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 12:58 pm Lots of people stay loyal to Audiobus.
How would you describe main differences between these two apps?
Advantages or otherwise…
you have opened pandora's box
You will be well served at audiobus forum

SLiC wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 12:04 pm I am utterly converted to AUM

Stunning design, flawless operation and it has basically revolutionised the way I make music with the iPad....combined with a few cool sequencer tools (Rozeta Sequencer Suite, a looper, a few AUV3 fx) and you have a very cool unique and perfectly in sinc set up.

I am just getting into AUM but I have a couple of Ipads setup here. I love the ecosystem. My modular gear is being sequenced and recorded with Cubasis 3 on the Ipad and I tie in some cool ios synths and efx as well. I am looking for more sequencers as I drive the modular rig with a pair of Midi Muso midi to CV converters along with the KeyStep Pro. LOVE the ipad in here.

SLiC wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 12:04 pm I am utterly converted to AUM

AUM is awesome! So well designed for the iPad!

I’ve seen this app recommended so many times, I might have to try it out!

amvivid wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 4:54 am I’ve seen this app recommended so many times, I might have to try it out!
Not "might", "must"!

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”