about sidechain & GCO (and some other things)

Official support for: accsone.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

1. what am i missing? i want to use the sidechain input (of course input) as an 'audiorate' modulation source for Grains, like GCO's.

"GCO processing modes
Besides a clean Oscillator print-in, Ring modulation and Frequency Modulation are also available that interfere with the live input buffer audio of the grains."

but it modulates the GCO, with Ring Modulation, i would like the Grain Modulated by the Sidechain, which is for me more logical. and AM/FM Modulation....

the way it now works, you get also interesting results, but per grain, it isn't per grain, per se... but Grain modulation directly would be great.

or i am missing something.

2. of course i could record sessions in a DAW, or i overlook the possibility, the grain buffer uses 32float, the processing is 64bit (float, perhaps) two different things, i now make it a more difficult reqeuest...

2.1. more simple: i also like to use Crusher-X standalone, live recordings... but the output is 16 bit/48.000Khz. why not 32f?

3. back again to Crusher-X, with MPE, and a normal keyboard of course, but especially with MPE you can control 15 stereo grainstreams (which is normal, 15 channels), you can per grainstreem apply, well what you want to.. with pressure and slide. no pitchbend (the X), by the way.
of course the heart of Crusher-X is the modulation system, that has quite a bandwidth, perhaps when i am more experienced i can control 'streams' better, although i succeed.
what am i asking? per grain stream manipulating the paramters, with controls. like with MPE..
perhaps out of the scope of Crusher-X, or other approaches work.

well MPE does really do the job, and i brought an old midi controller out of the dust, that fits precisely into my MPE 'surface' setup (2 x Seabord Block, 2 x Lightpad M block), and with midi learn, you can do a lot.

so perhaps it is more that must learn Crusher-X more in-depth, time wasn't on my side, the last year, in a way, almost a year, so i had to do everything with music, when i had some spare time.. and concentration and energy..

now i have the time to really, for the second or third/tenth..., dive into Crusher-X, and use more and more.

i think i must midi map more (a was an obsessive parameter mapper untile Nektar and Novation broke it... well Nektar not that bad, but erratic...). PM X/Y field to Lightpad X/Y pad... for instance..

bit of a strange post, Crusher-X is playing in the background, so.... i go play with it further...

WasteLand wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 12:01 pm 1. what am i missing? i want to use the sidechain input (of course input) as an 'audiorate' modulation source for Grains, like GCO's.

"GCO processing modes
Besides a clean Oscillator print-in, Ring modulation and Frequency Modulation are also available that interfere with the live input buffer audio of the grains."

but it modulates the GCO, with Ring Modulation, i would like the Grain Modulated by the Sidechain, which is for me more logical. and AM/FM Modulation....

the way it now works, you get also interesting results, but per grain, it isn't per grain, per se... but Grain modulation directly would be great.

or i am missing something.
No you're right, this is missing and on the backlog for v 9.5. It might comes along with a new GCO Grain modulation that points to the offset of the GCO waveform/sample. Both should bring a new level for GCOing...
WasteLand wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 12:01 pm
2. of course i could record sessions in a DAW, or i overlook the possibility, the grain buffer uses 32float, the processing is 64bit (float, perhaps) two different things, i now make it a more difficult reqeuest...
It's up to your DAW if you can switch to 64bit and using crusher-X VST3 to support it.
WasteLand wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 12:01 pm 2.1. more simple: i also like to use Crusher-X standalone, live recordings... but the output is 16 bit/48.000Khz. why not 32f?
Good point, yes, this makes sense. We will put on backlog for future versions.

WasteLand wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 12:01 pm 3. back again to Crusher-X, with MPE, and a normal keyboard of course, but especially with MPE you can control 15 stereo grainstreams (which is normal, 15 channels), you can per grainstreem apply, well what you want to.. with pressure and slide. no pitchbend (the X), by the way.
of course the heart of Crusher-X is the modulation system, that has quite a bandwidth, perhaps when i am more experienced i can control 'streams' better, although i succeed.
what am i asking? per grain stream manipulating the paramters, with controls. like with MPE..
Of coarse pitchbend should work for MPE (for each note, but not in general like in other MIDI-Modes).
WasteLand wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 12:01 pm i think i must midi map more (a was an obsessive parameter mapper untile Nektar and Novation broke it... well Nektar not that bad, but erratic...). PM X/Y field to Lightpad X/Y pad... for instance..
Yes, indeed this is a very powerfull tool!
WasteLand wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 12:01 pm bit of a strange post, Crusher-X is playing in the background, so.... i go play with it further...
No post too strange! Thanks for your input, really appreciated!
Enjoy
accSone

freq wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 3:35 pm No you're right, this is missing and on the backlog for v 9.5. It might comes along with a new GCO Grain modulation that points to the offset of the GCO waveform/sample. Both should bring a new level for GCOing...
ok, great to hear, the sidechain for AM/FM/RM, yes also AM, if it possible (well it is RM, but another formula...), AM is a bit forgotten way of working.
and the extension of the GCO! looking forward to it,
It's up to your DAW if you can switch to 64bit and using crusher-X VST3 to support it.
yes, i know. i was rambling about that i. no no, no more confusement. i trying to learn to ask simple questions, and i get straight answers, haha.. normally i try to figure it out myself, and i overlook the simplest thing. this is a sidenote....

so simple question, do you mean the engine, or the project (like in Cubase the audio engine is 64f, but my projects 32f)? i know my stuff, but this is a bit enigmatic or not, well, perhaps it is, also, well...
Good point, yes, this makes sense. We will put on backlog for future versions.
great, 32f recording in the standalone (i do all my recording now in 32f, because i go from program to program... wel it can be academic, or it really will make a difference, especially with my kind of samples.. and the effects, stretch, other stuff i use for mangling. Sound Brut...)
WasteLand wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 12:01 pm 3. back again to Crusher-X, with MPE, and a normal keyboard of course, but especially with MPE you can control 15 stereo grainstreams (which is normal, 15 channels), you can per grainstreem apply, well what you want to.. with pressure and slide. no pitchbend (the X), by the way.
Of coarse pitchbend should work for MPE (for each note, but not in general like in other MIDI-Modes).
i already thought this, this is ambiguous; pitchbend, so the X (-factor, no no reference to a X-factor, or why not, it ís Crusher-X.... :scared: :help: :party: ); as a modulation source for any destination.

more control over the grain streams, it is a term... without LFO's, or other stuff, can be usefull, well it can be done with MPE.

per grain stream manipulating the parameters with controls. its more an obsession, than it is within the scope of Crusher-X, and do i work with it? (there will be granular module, for a soft modular, at some point, based on an idea of mine, o well, robbed from all the granulars i know.. but very basic, it is a module.. only a granulator in a way...). Samsara has it, but strangely i don't use it that often, yet.

again, rambling...

pitchbend as modulation source for any destination, like pressure and slide. would add 3 controls, and velocity attack and release is already there.
WasteLand wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 12:01 pm i think i must midi map more (a was an obsessive parameter mapper untile Nektar and Novation broke it... well Nektar not that bad, but erratic...). PM X/Y field to Lightpad X/Y pad... for instance..
Yes, indeed this is a very powerfull tool!
i have mapped it now, great that you can also change the numbers yourself, some developers never learn, that mapping a X/Y pad, via learn, is a PITA... and the X/Y pad of Roli, is the exact copy of the X/Y, unlike other X/Y pads.

tried also the Z, for window tilt, can be usefull, but it defaults of course to zero..
WasteLand wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 12:01 pm bit of a strange post, Crusher-X is playing in the background, so.... i go play with it further...
No post too strange! Thanks for your input, really appreciated!
Enjoy
accSone
thanks, it is a pity that i didn't had the time, because of circumstances..., but finally the time, to use it in a full way. but i already used in several tracks, or made tracks with the standalone. so why am i complaining? :dog: and experimented with it, quite a lot. but, it is not strange, that this instrument, to use the full bandwidth, takes time. and my strange lack of using midi learn, or simple midi. it is back again.

for example by the way, if you use it for grain length, it will go to 600ms. yes 127 steps, but the controller can do NRPN, if the old, beta editor will work..
can Crusher-X do NRPN? (also have BCR-2000, can do also NRPN).

(o well i have touchscreen, but i extended my Blocks, so i had move things, even controllers in there boxes.. i must reorganize my setup.... without touchscreen, i will loose capabilities. or not.
stop. rambling!)

o yes; this one, already asked in another thread;

MTS-ESP, interesting for Crusher-X? (from ODDsound, but i think you are already familair with it..)

Return to “accSone”