Help me with strum pattern performance issues...

Official support for: orangetreesamples.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I just can't get "strum patterns" to play right with any of the acoustic bundle instruments. This is so discouraging as this is really why I've invested in a bunch of these libraries. They do all sound great - the strumming engine just seems broken. Unfortunately I have tried over and over to tweak MIDI note placements/lengths, just to get a very simple, rather slow tempo pattern to play without note dropouts etc, and nothing works.

Can any expert users or devs provide a "optimization" quick start guide? I'm assuming maybe there's some sort of buffer setting or other Kontakt optimization that needs to happen for these guitar libraries to work right?

I've got an iMac 5k (2017 model) with 40 gb of RAM running Mojave OS, Logic 10.5.1, so it's a pretty decent system. No other tracks playing at the moment. I try for 45 minutes usually to get something useable then give up and go to AAS Strum GS-2 because at least everything plays right and locks to tempo.

What version number of the Evolution guitars are you using? When loading one of the libraries in Kontakt, there should be a build number in Kontakt's status bar in the lower left corner of the window. If Kontakt's status bar is blank, click the "!" button in the top right corner of Kontakt's window to refresh the scripts, which should also display the version number in the status bar.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples
Ultra-realistic sample libraries for Kontakt

Return to “Orange Tree Samples”