Homemade metronome based on HMI and Arduino

...and how to do so...
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Does anyone have experience with homemade metronomes? I would like to make my own using a microcontroller Arduino and a touch LCD.
I hope I can learn some lessons.

How much experience do you have with coding/arduinos/electronics?

Ive done some Arduino stuff, but not with a screen. Googling indicates there are various projects out there explaining how to make an arduino metronome with a non-touch LCD screen, not found one with touch.
You'll probably need to look at separate projects for driving the touchscreen, then work out how to integrate that into the metronome. you'll maybe find it easier to build and test those parts separately; structure the metronome code so that the control IO can be replaced easily.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

whyterabbyt wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 8:31 am How much experience do you have with coding/arduinos/electronics?

Ive done some Arduino stuff, but not with a screen. Googling indicates there are various projects out there explaining how to make an arduino metronome with a non-touch LCD screen, not found one with touch.
You'll probably need to look at separate projects for driving the touchscreen, then work out how to integrate that into the metronome. you'll maybe find it easier to build and test those parts separately; structure the metronome code so that the control IO can be replaced easily.
I know all about microcontrollers and I'm currently learning about Stone touch screens and I also have some other non-touch LCDs like 1602.

Return to “DIY: Build it and they will come”