stupid question..

Official support for: accsone.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

.. but they are allowed!

it seems when i first tried crusher-x 8.6 in a DAW, bitwig studio 3.3.1, it does not remember it's state, when reloading the project.

so i lost a nice patch, i have recorded it, and i think i can reconstruct it.

ok, saving in bitwig.. as preset, within bitwig, works.. but then my presets are all over the place.

and in standalone .FXB is used.

when it comes to preset management, i always make mistakes, the first attempts. nowadays, less and less. i learn the preset management first.

i assume in cubase, i can save them as .fxp, but then again, cubase stores them in a location. ok, sometimes you don't have a choice, and make backups of all presets, sometimes via via, from c: etc to D: (and then to an external drive or drives..).

EDIT:

how does manage crusher-x it's presets, within crusher-x, or i didn't discovered it yet, you can't save a preset (that is cross-platform, not all use .fxp, or does bitwig do it?).

what is the best approach?

EDIT 2: i use different DAW's, it depends on what i want. bitwig/cubase/live. also reason.

preset management for crusher-x! (and my first patch was a nice MPE patch, so i already know more about the inner workings, but still discovering, beginners level so to say.)

Hi,
WasteLand wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 10:29 am it seems when i first tried crusher-x 8.6 in a DAW, bitwig studio 3.3.1, it does not remember it's state, when reloading the project.
so sorry that you lost your work - we double checked in the lab: The crusher-X state is stored together with the Bitwig patch and shouldn't need an external storage. This should work for all DAWs. Maybe you used accedentially the demo - as the demo doesn't allow storing the patch? Or you didn't finished the challenge/response wizard the first time? Hope we can sort that out - in case you can reproduce, please send us the Bitwig patch and/or a screenrecording, so that we can verify.

Best
accSone

You can save and load (multiple) presets from within Crusher-X (in Crusher-X format). I never had an issue with presets / settings not being recalled. Everything is saved (i can only comment on Live) with the project or Live rack so i prefer to keep everything organized in a central folder structure (together with spline files, step patterns, midi templates, etc.). One thing you do need to pay attention to is saving buffer content and/or external files for the DCO/GCO; recorded buffer content needs to be saved as audio file as these files are referenced from a location on your drive. I personally prefer to save the buffer content either with the project (if it's part of) or with the preset (for patches) to avoid missing links.

daizok wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 12:32 pm You can save and load (multiple) presets from within Crusher-X (in Crusher-X format). I never had an issue with presets / settings not being recalled. Everything is saved (i can only comment on Live) with the project or Live rack so i prefer to keep everything organized in a central folder structure (together with spline files, step patterns, midi templates, etc.). One thing you do need to pay attention to is saving buffer content and/or external files for the DCO/GCO; recorded buffer content needs to be saved as audio file as these files are referenced from a location on your drive. I personally prefer to save the buffer content either with the project (if it's part of) or with the preset (for patches) to avoid missing links.
o perhaps that was the problem in bitwig... no, the DCO was recalled. strangely. the sample was the same? i have forgotten.

perhaps it is problem with bitwig. (as for example delta-v audio spacecraft can't save recorded samples within reaper..) (bitwig studio 3.3.1, to be clear, it didn't recall it's state... or it was a user error.. no i tried again, with a patch, that wasn't worth anything, didn't recall it, when (re)loading the project, i had to make a bitwig preset. still an user error can't be excluded...)

ok, you can save and load presets from crusher-x in its own format! yes!

o, the DCO, the sample loaded is remembered, nót the GCO buffer, ok! i keep my samples always on the same place (o well my sample management is a bit of a mess, some duplicates, o well... it works.. but i must really make a better plan).

save and load presets from crusher-x in its own format.

how? (sometimes i can see the most deepest things and use them immediately, while the simplest things i don't see...)

thanks for your answer!

freq wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 12:26 pm Hi,
WasteLand wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 10:29 am it seems when i first tried crusher-x 8.6 in a DAW, bitwig studio 3.3.1, it does not remember it's state, when reloading the project.
so sorry that you lost your work - we double checked in the lab: The crusher-X state is stored together with the Bitwig patch and shouldn't need an external storage. This should work for all DAWs. Maybe you used accedentially the demo - as the demo doesn't allow storing the patch? Or you didn't finished the challenge/response wizard the first time? Hope we can sort that out - in case you can reproduce, please send us the Bitwig patch and/or a screenrecording, so that we can verify.

Best
accSone
ow i didn't see two people helped me.... i am in a hurry, not a good way, to calmly read and write...

bitwig lost the patch. it wasn't in demo mode. did the challenge and response. registered to my name.

i shall try it again, to rule out an error of me.. with a patch that doesn't make sense (or i want to hold on to it...)... it can be bitwig or me...

i have time next week.. thanks for your response!!!

EDIT: on the system i used, the demo wasn't installed as a .dll, i think. but i am sure that i used the payed version, challenged et al...

but i will try it again, to reproduce it. i also have cubase. but i choose the DAW depending on what i want at that time (i don't have even templates, yes a very basic template for my DAW's, i start from my own sounds, it is never predictable what i will use.. or need..).

i see now, with import and export, two options;

crusher-x sheets; .crx
crusher-x soundpackages; .cpx

i thought import and export where only for packages... i didn't use (i am on windows), the different files you can open...

sheets is plural... i did RTFM, but maybe not that well...

so how to save a crusher-x preset in crusher-x format (which allows me to use them in different DAW's..)

Argh, something went wrong commenting. You can save and load patches via import and export, patches are saved in a Crusher format (crx) so you can use them in any host.

Regarding files; the only thing you need to save is the content of the grain buffer (if you haven't loaded an existing file into the buffer / are using live input), otherwise it will get lost.

daizok wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 1:10 pm Argh, something went wrong commenting. You can save and load patches via import and export, patches are saved in a Crusher format so you can use them in any host.

Regarding files; the only thing you need to save is the content of the grain buffer (if you haven't loaded an existing file into the buffer / are using live input), otherwise it will get lost.
yes i saw it, o well, i push, although i made that mistake the last months anymore, the quote button, when i want to edit a post (something more people do, the double posts...).

o well..

but which i must use for one preset

.crx
or
.crp

and saving the content of the grain buffer, that was something i immediately understood... that it will be lost. because it is a buffer, and i know my stacks... and of course, the obvious "load"/"save" buttons, that helped... more me thinks, o well, i studied the grain buffer, via a rolf kasten video.

EDIT: thanks for your help! i think i will ask a lot more... and i know, you are a super-user of crusher-x... so.... i am student... but experimenting, and learning it myself, i like, but sometimes, learning it together, has advantages, things you don't see, on your own. and on your own, you do things, you won't do if you are working together. both are necessary.

o well, a common remark, that is nothing original.

EDIT:

you edited it; crx, that is what i thought, so i can keep track of my crusher-x presets in one folder, with subfolders, when there are too much...
and work with crusher-x DAW indepent. thanks!!!! simple as that.

Return to “accSone”