Logic on a M1 Mac doesn't show Sylenth1

Official support for: lennardigital.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

I run the latest logic version on a M1 mac but even though the installation was successful, logic does not show Sylenth where it's supposed to be. I tried deleting and reinstalling, deleting the logic audio cache, actually reinstalling logic, nothing seems to work. Other plugins work fine. The plugin manager in logic actually shows Sylenth and it says that the validation was successful but it doesn't show up in the plugin drop down menu.
Do you have any ideas how to fix this?

Thanks in advance, I already spent a ridiculous amount of time on this problem :?

Hi,

If the validation succeeds, that means Sylenth1 is working correctly.
Sounds like you're looking at the list of effect plug-ins? Sylenth1 is an instrument, not an effect, so you need to add an Instrument Track and select Sylenth1 there.

https://www.lennardigital.com/support/osx/logic.php

Thanks for your answer.
That's where I looked, unfortunately it's not there. Other instrument plugins like Serum show up correctly.

I also opened Sylenth1 using Hosting AU and activated it. It works just fine. Only Logic seems to have trouble opening it.

you probably did this but just in case.. log out, log back in or do a restart. in previous versions of logic i had same issue w/various plug ins and restart/log out log back in usually sorted it out.

I tried that several times with and without deleting the audio cache. No effect :/

If the plugin manager shows Sylenth1 and the validation succeeds, that means that the plugin was found by Logic and is working correctly. I have never heard of a plugin not showing up in Logic while the validation succeeds, that just does not make any sense.

Things like deleting the plug-ins cache are only useful if the plugin isn't listed by the plugin manager.

Could you please send a screenshot of the validation result and the list of AU Instruments as shown on the link below?
https://www.lennardigital.com/support/osx/logic.php

Bildschirmfoto 2020-12-23 um 22.30.03.png
Bildschirmfoto 2020-12-23 um 22.31.09.png
Bildschirmfoto 2020-12-23 um 22.31.30.png
Bildschirmfoto 2020-12-23 um 22.31.44.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thanks, in the plugin manager, is the checkbox in the column named "Use" on Sylenth1 checked?

Yes, it is checked.
Bildschirmfoto 2020-12-24 um 12.26.47.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Try unchecking it, then click Done. Go back to the plugin manager and re-check it and click Done again.

I tried it, Sylenth1 still does not show up. I also tried unchecking it, then rebooting the system, checking it and rebooting the system again.

Did you maybe accidentally move Sylenth1 to a different location in the plugin manager? Or can you try moving it to a different plugin folder?

I didn't move it and I've checked every subfolder in the instrument plugin dropdown menu. Also resetting the plugin manager settings did not help.

Can you try moving Sylenth1 to a different folder in the plugin manager and see if it appears there?

Return to “LennarDigital”