How good are Hornet Plugins?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

One of the biggest issues with Hornet is the website regularly being unreachable, for any company this is a big no no, and it happens to quite a lot of people, but the number one issue that people I speak to have, the non stop (near every day) emails proclaiming 75% off site wide etc etc, the whole operation comes across as a complete and total sham.
It is sad that this sales nonsense is used all the time, pick a price, stick with it, build a userbase, the plugins are actually not terrible, but most people expect them to be, because of this sales marketing nonsense.
Duh

Whatever Hornet is doing is working because in the last year, I have purchased most of the top plugins Saverio has developed. The ones I use most often are the LUFS Graph plot (ELM..something or rather) and the AutoGain Pro. Hornet, Melda, and FabFilter have one thing in common that makes them the most installed plugins in my studio, and that is a universal per-USER license, not a limited per-Machine license. For that reason, I support these companies. Thanks Saverio. Keep up the great work.
...and the electron responded, "what wall?"

bungle wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 3:56 pm but most people expect
How would you know? That's completely hilarious. :dog:
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

jens wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 7:50 pm
bungle wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 3:56 pm but most people expect
How would you know? That's completely hilarious. :dog:
Are you being wilfully ignorant?
I quite literally qualified the post with “the people I spoke to”
So take your usual over the top, over reactive BS, and point it elsewhere.
Duh

bungle wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 3:56 pm One of the biggest issues with Hornet is the website regularly being unreachable, for any company this is a big no no, and it happens to quite a lot of people, but the number one issue that people I speak to have, the non stop (near every day) emails proclaiming 75% off site wide etc etc, the whole operation comes across as a complete and total sham.
It is sad that this sales nonsense is used all the time, pick a price, stick with it, build a userbase, the plugins are actually not terrible, but most people expect them to be, because of this sales marketing nonsense.
Hi, I'm sorry if you had issues with our website. it was down for some time during the last FREE plugin giveaway but in the morning (Italy time) we fixed it by switching over to a larger virtual server.

Since that moment we did not had any issue and hopefully the solution we have now will be enough for the future.

Saverio

Thanks for the Graffio freebie, Saverio.
And for your great sales. Purchased VHS and the Tape upgrade. Happy HoRNet camper here.

Have tried Hornet plugins, but the interface didn't worked well on Macos hi-res screen.

---

roman.i wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 1:28 pm Have tried Hornet plugins, but the interface didn't worked well on Macos hi-res screen.
It depends on which one you tried, the old bitmap based ones are a little blurred on retina displays.

The newer one (those made since 2019 or so) works perfectly on retinas and hi dpi displays.

Saverio

estimated wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 11:35 am
robindrieghe wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 6:02 am hello saverio, its the HoRNet SongKey MK3 that even doesnt guess the tempo. and i mean like 40/50 bpm off.
and no, 4 didnt fix it.

...snip...

it is ok saverio, we discussed it trough a support ticket after i updated to mk4.
dont worry about it. this is my negative experience but im sure you have a lot of good ones too.
its the songkey - flstudio combination.
Songkey's tempo detection doesn't work in Cakewalk, Acid or Ableton for me under Windows 10 or 11. The key guessing is wrong more often than right as well. Having created a support ticket I was fobbed off until the refund window had expired and then offered a voucher.

I'm sure they have happy customers, but I'm not one of them.
i think its safe to say its just not working ;)

robindrieghe wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 7:05 am
robindrieghe wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 6:02 am hello saverio, its the HoRNet SongKey MK3 that even doesnt guess the tempo. and i mean like 40/50 bpm off.
and no, 4 didnt fix it.

...snip...

it is ok saverio, we discussed it trough a support ticket after i updated to mk4.
dont worry about it. this is my negative experience but im sure you have a lot of good ones too.
Songkey's tempo detection doesn't work in Cakewalk, Acid or Ableton for me under Windows 10 or 11. The key guessing is wrong more often than right as well. Having created a support ticket I was fobbed off until the refund window had expired and then offered a voucher.

I'm sorry but BPM detection works, it's just very dependent on the type of music you use. Have you had a look at my overview?

https://youtu.be/j3VLnUg7cmw?si=aWyj4y4e6FTbcjOw&t=432

The song I use there is something I wrote years ago and I know that it's 138 BPM, song key reports 137 and I think it's perfectly reasonable for a realtime tool that has no clue on when the next onset will come.

Saverio

HoRNet wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 9:36 am
and no, 4 didnt fix it.

...snip...

I'm sorry but BPM detection works, it's just very dependent on the type of music you use. Have you had a look at my overview?

The song I use there is something I wrote years ago and I know that it's 138 BPM, song key reports 137 and I think it's perfectly reasonable for a realtime tool that has no clue on when the next onset will come.

Saverio
i am even more sorry as i bought a plugin that is not able to do its simple task.

robindrieghe wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 10:21 am
and no, 4 didnt fix it.

...snip...

Saverio
i am even more sorry as i bought a plugin that is not able to do its simple task.
Hi, it's probably dependent on the music you are analysing. could you please let me have more info on the kind of music you are using? Have you had a look at the video? it shows the correct BPM for the song.

Saverio

HoRNet wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 9:13 am
and no, 4 didnt fix it.

...snip...

Saverio

Hi, it's probably dependent on the music you are analysing. could you please let me have more info on the kind of music you are using? Have you had a look at the video? it shows the correct BPM for the song.

Saverio
i will help you and answer all your questions if you refund me first. if not, i just cut my loss here.

robindrieghe wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 1:15 pm
HoRNet wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 9:13 am

Saverio

Saverio
i will help you and answer all your questions if you refund me first. if not, i just cut my loss here.
Hi have you already requested your refund through our ticketing system? if so, could you please reference me your support ticket number so we can recover the support history?

Thank you
Saverio

Return to “Effects”