Boog GrandBother?

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

https://youtu.be/MhlSco-JUlg

This has me a little more interested, though still doesn't wow me. Dunno what it is about Moog filters that don't excite me. But I do like the semi-modular aspect for diddling around with sync/FM etc and the envelopes sound quite snappy. Can't tell what size it is - if it's the same as the K2/Cat then I might buy one to fill up one of those triple stands. The Model D just doesn't grab me at all but I think I could live with this - AND it's not as fugly as the real Grandmother, so win-win. Cheap as chips, as usual. I do like a lot of Behringer stuff but I hope they don't get stuck in a copying Moog rut - there are better synths to emulate/rip off IMO.

Sounds like a Boog for sure.
I am a philistine and I love commercial music <insert favourite consumer items here>

Haven't watched the vid yet, but the color scheme and switches reminds me of the old Moog/Realistic MG-1, my very first synth. Ahhhhhh, memories :love:

Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7 | TR-8S | MPC One | TD-3 MO

I am a philistine and I love commercial music <insert favourite consumer items here>

Obviously both, but if I had to choose between this and a model d (I don't), what swings it the patchbay or the mini;s 3rd osc?

This is not the boog I'm looking for.

I was under the mistaken assumption that this was a clone of the Moog Model 15:

But apparently it's a copy of the Moog Grandmother.

Is the Grandmother a clone or inspired by the original Moog Model 15? I am just confused at this point.

No this model 15 is a miniturazed version of the Behringer system 55 modular system which was inspired by the Moog model 10 ...they say in their video. :wink:

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”