LinnStrument Anker PowerCore+ Mini Holder

Official support for: rogerlinndesign.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey everyone,

I designed a LinnStrument holder for the Anker PowerCore+ mini that attaches securely to the side of LinnStrument using the strap holders. It allows LinnStrument to be battery powered, and with a device like CME Pro WIDI Master, makes it possible for LinnStrument to operate fully wirelessly over Bluetooth.

You can get the STL file here:
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4575197

I included some pictures.

Take care,

Geert
IMG_6477.jpeg
IMG_6482.jpeg
IMG_6484.jpg
IMG_6476.jpeg
IMG_6475.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Moog software - LinnStrument - RackBlox - CableCube - Knobotron - Eigenharp Alpha/Tau/Pico - SendMIDI / ReceiveMIDI - MIDI Tape Recorder - Geco MIDI Leap - Steelstring Guitar - Electric Guitar - Vocals - Dynamod Games - Kung-fu

Love it!

I'm hoping to receive my CME WIDI Master soon and would like to try this setup.

Hi, do you have a place where I can buy the battery holder? (Black like the picture)

Moog software - LinnStrument - RackBlox - CableCube - Knobotron - Eigenharp Alpha/Tau/Pico - SendMIDI / ReceiveMIDI - MIDI Tape Recorder - Geco MIDI Leap - Steelstring Guitar - Electric Guitar - Vocals - Dynamod Games - Kung-fu

Just placed an order, thank you so much for the info!

Thanks so much, I'll send it out tomorrow!

I have successfully tested the myVolts 7.5V Ripcord USB to DC power cable (model AA925MS) with the LinnStrument, using the Anker PowerCore+ Mini attached to the LinnStrument Battery Pack Holder. This allows the USB-B port to be freed up for other purposes. Currently, I use it to connect to the Synthstrom Deluge via USB-B to B cable, usually for public demonstration purposes.

Unfortunately, the LinnStrument 128 does not provide a power jack, so this option is unavailable for that model.

It seems the Anker PowerCore+ mini is out of stock everywhere, possibly discontinued? I think I will try using the Powercore 5000, which is a bit larger, but also has a greater capacity. It shouldn’t be difficult to make a similar Linnstrument mount for it. Unless someone has already done this (in which case, please direct me to the STL file), when I have it done, I will post the result here.

philouba wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 2:50 am It seems the Anker PowerCore+ mini is out of stock everywhere, possibly discontinued? I think I will try using the Powercore 5000, which is a bit larger, but also has a greater capacity. It shouldn’t be difficult to make a similar Linnstrument mount for it. Unless someone has already done this (in which case, please direct me to the STL file), when I have it done, I will post the result here.
Yes, it is discontinued. See the Synthstrom's Deluge now has MPE thread for some background on it as well as the PowerCore 5000. As mentioned there, the battery holder would highly benefit from a small lip that keeps the powerbank in place after it has been inserted to prevent it from easily sliding out.

The Anker PowerCore 5000, measures 107mm long x 33mm diameter according to Anker.
The Anker PowerCore+ mini, measures 95mm long x 23mm diameter (from Amazon's web site).
The LinnStrument is 25.4mm high.

Seems like an Anker PowerCore 5000 holder for a LinnStrument would need to made somewhat asymmetrical (tilted upwards) to allow the LinnStrument to be placed on a desktop with the battery holder still attached?

For folks who are finding the battery to be sliding in the holder, maybe a strip of thin rubber sheet (0.5mm thick?) about 5mm wide and the length of the battery would help? This could be glued along the inside of the holder, in the base of the "C" shape, to add friction?

I do not have one of the Anker PowerCore batteries but I have experimented with another make of USB battery, a CME WIDI Master and guitar strap on my LS 200. The battery in my trouser pocket.

BTW I can give a recommendation to the D'Addario Auto Lock Guitar Strap.
Excellent, secure grip on the LinnStrument's strap buttons and designed by another iconic designer,
Ned Steinberger.

Understood on the larger diameter and length of the Powercore 5000. I’m thinking to offset the battery toward the top of the Linnstrument, with the cable coming out the bottom, and make the holder more like a clip-in cradle where the battery drops in from the top rather than inserting from the side. It will sit a bit higher than the top of the Linnstrument, but that should not be a problem. Now that it is confirmed the smaller battery is discontinued, I’ll proceed with this project, and report back when I have something to share.

Maybe something like this. It has some loops for zip ties, although these may not be necessary. I've ordered the battery, so should be able to run a prototype shortly.
Linnstrument Powercore 5000 holder.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Gromit42 wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 11:34 am The Anker PowerCore 5000, measures 107mm long x 33mm diameter according to Anker.
The Anker PowerCore+ mini, measures 95mm long x 23mm diameter (from Amazon's web site).
The LinnStrument is 25.4mm high.

Seems like an Anker PowerCore 5000 holder for a LinnStrument would need to made somewhat asymmetrical (tilted upwards) to allow the LinnStrument to be placed on a desktop with the battery holder still attached?
Agreed. I do not see any other simpler method available to us.
Gromit42 wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 11:34 amFor folks who are finding the battery to be sliding in the holder, maybe a strip of thin rubber sheet (0.5mm thick?) about 5mm wide and the length of the battery would help? This could be glued along the inside of the holder, in the base of the "C" shape, to add friction?
Maybe, but the current battery holder has very tight tolerances, and it would be difficult to slide the battery in and out.
Gromit42 wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 11:34 amBTW I can give a recommendation to the D'Addario Auto Lock Guitar Strap.
Excellent, secure grip on the LinnStrument's strap buttons and designed by another iconic designer,
Ned Steinberger.
Yes, I recommended that same strap with my very first post, although I chose Skater Black due to the more uniform look. The rubber on the back of the plastic clips does experience wear and tear against the LinnStrument (128)'s aluminum chassis though.
philouba wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 5:34 pm Understood on the larger diameter and length of the Powercore 5000. I’m thinking to offset the battery toward the top of the Linnstrument, with the cable coming out the bottom, and make the holder more like a clip-in cradle where the battery drops in from the top rather than inserting from the side. It will sit a bit higher than the top of the Linnstrument, but that should not be a problem. Now that it is confirmed the smaller battery is discontinued, I’ll proceed with this project, and report back when I have something to share.

Maybe something like this. It has some loops for zip ties, although these may not be necessary. I've ordered the battery, so should be able to run a prototype shortly.
That should work. The zip ties are necessary when using the LinnStrument (128) guitar-style, or when using a keyboard stand with tilted upper tiers.

Thank you for the feedback. I think I’ll also add a zip tie loop to secure the USB cable coming out of the battery. Pls stand by for now until I can post an image of the prototype.

FranklyFlawless wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 3:54 am
Gromit42 wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 11:34 amFor folks who are finding the battery to be sliding in the holder, maybe a strip of thin rubber sheet (0.5mm thick?) about 5mm wide and the length of the battery would help? This could be glued along the inside of the holder, in the base of the "C" shape, to add friction?
Maybe, but the current battery holder has very tight tolerances, and it would be difficult to slide the battery in and out.
Oops! I do not have the Anker battery or a Geert Bevin designed holder.
I assumed that the battery snapped into the holder. My bad! :(

Return to “Roger Linn Design”