Change the 16-steps in Looperator to 8-Steps?

Official support for: sugar-bytes.de
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Love the Looperator VST demo so far, but I have a quick question.

Is there a way to change the loop resolution to 1/16(8-steps), or to shorten the loop area by half? Because I currently only see 1/2, 1/4, and 1/8 in the step resolution field. I make Techno and am not fully interested in the 16-step sequence that seems to be unchangeable. If there is a way, however, care to share?

Thanks in advance! :)

If you trigger Looperator by Midi you can control how long it runs for; this allows you to decide how many steps it's progressing through, in tandem with the step resolution control.

To test: change the CLOCK SOURCE control to the play button and set the step resolution at 1/4. Setup a midi clip in your DAW with a single note playing over 2 bars, and point it at Looperator: the length of the midi note determines how long until Looperator resets playback, and hence how many steps it's traversing.

By changing the length or pattern of the midi notes you're sending, combined with and the step resolution, you can get very fine control over when Looperator runs and for how long.
ABLETON LIVE 12 & PUSH2
Soundcloud: Nation of Korea vs Shitty Dog

Will there be a second version? It'd be nice if Looperator V. 2 went to 32 steps. More variety that way. 64 steps would be even better. Also, if Ver. 2 went to 8 or more lanes, that'd be nice.
If you can't dazzle 'em with brilliance, baffle 'em with bullshit.

Return to “Sugar Bytes”