Computer crash after installing Pace License Support Win64 for Xpand!2

Official support for: www.airmusictech.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello, I'm having problems installing Air music's Xpand!2. I just got a new pc and I installed FL Studio on it along with some other plugins. When I wanted to install the Xpand installation that I got with my Midi controller, it asked me to install Pace License Support, so I accepted. then the screen froze, and I ended up in an "Preparing Automatic Recovery" loop. The only option I had was to re-install windows. this really pissed me off and I also thought it was really strange because it worked just fine on my previous PC.
Is there any way I can fix this? I'm an intensive Xpand user and I really want to use this plugin in the future.

Check out this link: https://www.airmusictech.com/kb/article/2216

I got a mess of Air plugins for a song a coupla months ago, and I was going around in circles for days with the freaking Pace authoriztion thing. I don't know why they keep including Pace as the authorization manager. Just follow the instructions, and you should be good to go.

The same exact thing happened to me, and the link above leads to some generic article not related to the situation at all. My PC is bricked.

I started this thread a while ago...

viewtopic.php?f=265&t=550083
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

I had to restore my Windows from a restore point using a USB rescue stick. Thanks for ruining my day, Air Music Terrorism. Stop using PACE. Or dont, I will never buy anything from you again.

After a successful installation of Xpand!2, I was prompted to restart my computer. It wouldn't start. It kept saying my PC didn't start correctly.

I was able to boot my computer luckily by going into Advanced Options and running Startup Repair. And now, I can't find the VST plugin it in either of the VSTPlugins folder (32/64 bit) specified in the installation, or anywhere else on my computer for that matter.

Like, what am I supposed to do, run the installation again to see if that fixes the problem? I prefer a functioning computer.

Nonamesl wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:41 pm After a successful installation of Xpand!2, I was prompted to restart my computer. It wouldn't start. It kept saying my PC didn't start correctly.

I was able to boot my computer luckily by going into Advanced Options and running Startup Repair. And now, I can't find the VST plugin it in either of the VSTPlugins folder (32/64 bit) specified in the installation, or anywhere else on my computer for that matter.

Like, what am I supposed to do, run the installation again to see if that fixes the problem? I prefer a functioning computer.
See my post in this thread where I'm linking to a thread I started some while ago, with a solution.
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

Oh jesus how did I walk into this mess.
Can somebody help me here.... I have no idea how to reinstall Windows. Will I get back everything on my laptop?

I just installed Xpand2 (came bundled with an MAudio controller) ... bsod. PC will not restart, whatever I try.

Annoyingly, the first time that PACE window popped up I closed it cos I never install things if I don't know what they are. But then the Xpand installer went red on the task bar and it froze, so I googled PACE Anti Piracy and read several pages giving it the all clear, So I restarted the Xpand install and ran PACE.
Thanks AIR ...

Pigdog wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 6:10 pm Oh jesus how did I walk into this mess.
Can somebody help me here.... I have no idea how to reinstall Windows. Will I get back everything on my laptop?

I just installed Xpand2 (came bundled with an MAudio controller) ... bsod. PC will not restart, whatever I try.

Annoyingly, the first time that PACE window popped up I closed it cos I never install things if I don't know what they are. But then the Xpand installer went red on the task bar and it froze, so I googled PACE Anti Piracy and read several pages giving it the all clear, So I restarted the Xpand install and ran PACE.
Thanks AIR ...
Read this thread on the Cockos forum: https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php ... hic&page=3
Some solution is described there.

And there is information here: viewtopic.php?f=265&t=550083

Good luck to you.

Return to “AIR Music Technology”