MRecorder delay on first track

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi there,

I'm trying to record 20 tracks with each an instance of MRecorder with the option "sync all plugins" enganged and yet, somehow the first track is delayed after recording, why?

I'm in Studio One.

Is it because I'm monitoring with the track? I mean, I've had the plugin window open of the first track to engage the record function.

So weird, can't be my fault, must be a plugin bug?

Actually, syncronizing the tracks doesn't do anything AT ALL. I mean, they all kind of start playing back together but some are just off, like what is the point of the plugin if it can't properly sync all the recording instances up :(

Yup, the very first track is delayed, every time, the one with which I start the recording, very annoying.

The latency is 3.072 samples which the first track is delayed by. How is this happening. It is 3 times the amount of my daw buffer latency.

Hmmm, that's odd, hard to say really. To be honest, the sync all plugins does only a simple thing - it distributes the "Record" state between all instances, so you click one and it's like clicking all of them. But the actual timing may not be perfect. Plus it depends on the DAW. Synchronizing plugins is unfortunately a very complex thing, in some cases even impossible, but that would be a long story. I'll try to improve things a bit, but there will still be a potential lag caused by the causality.
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

I have the same issue. Is there any fix for this?

I don't understand why you would want to do that, what is the reasoning?
I always thought MRecorder was a sketch pad for quickly and easily capturing ideas.

If you want to record 20 tracks, just use your DAW.

Return to “MeldaProduction”