Multiple MIDI keyboards in Studio One

Official support for: autotheorybymozaic.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
AutoTheory

Hi there!

I'm really enjoying AutoTheory and was able to set it up inside Studio One 3.51 without issue. I even seemed to retain Mackie control with one of my keyboards, a Samson Graphite 49. I also have a Yamaha DGX-630 Portable Digital Grand, which functions as my main piano controller but is limited to output on MIDI channel 1 only.

My question has to do with routing inside Studio One. If I want to use the Samson to control events on one track and the Yamaha to control events on two others simultaneously, how do I get AutoTheory to separate the output?

Many thanks!

Can you elaborate more on how exactly you are looking to route them? AutoTheory is primarily set up to be used with one keyboard, although there are some imperfect workarounds:

1. To get one controller to act as Melody Lock and the other to act as Chord Generator, enable both controllers within AT. Transpose the octave on one keyboard up all the way, and transpose the octave on the other keyboard down all the way. I'm talking about the actual keyboard buttons, not AT parameters. Then adjust the octave parameters in AT to offset the change.

2. Open two instances of AutoTheory. Then use different outputs from each.

Return to “Mozaic Beats”