If You Were to Make a Delay (A Small Feature Request for "Delay Lock")

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I was using Echoboy yesterday and wanted to hear the different presets for their echo tones, but knew that the track called for a simple 8th note delay. So what would end up happening is I'd 1) load the next preset, 2) adjust the delay time, 3) adjust the mix, 4) listen. Now, I know the Valhalla reverbs already have a Mix lock, but if we were to get a delay, I'd suggest adding both a "Mix Lock" and "Delay Time Lock." This way, I could audition the tone of the different presets, without having to constantly change the sync time. Now, I realize some preset developers will have specific delay times in mind and this would break that, but that's why it would be optional.

This is a great idea for a dedicated delay plugin.

For some delay things (example: ÜberMod), a lot of the presets are effects like chorus and flanging, and having a locked delay time would sort of ruin the effect of those. For a full-on delay, the delay length is going to be more dependent on the song.

Clicking on the label above the delay would probably do the job.

Thanks for the suggestion!

Sean Costello

valhallasound wrote:Thanks for the suggestion!

Sean Costello
No prob. Hoping you do something with it. :wink:

valhallasound wrote:For some delay things (example: ÜberMod), a lot of the presets are effects like chorus and flanging, and having a locked delay time would sort of ruin the effect of those. For a full-on delay, the delay length is going to be more dependent on the song.
Just wanted to say the same. In EchoBoy there are many delay presets, that heavily depend on the delay settings. So a delay lock wouldn't make much sense.

But if there would be a preset folder, that just goes thru different tones and saturation settings, then a delay lock would make sense. Maybe you should create such a user preset folder. Then you can share it with us :wink:

FYI: In all SoundToys plugins you can lock some parameters. Not all parameters can be locked though. I haven't tried, maybe you can also lock the delay parameter. Give it a try.
Image stardustmedia - high end analog music services - murat

Return to “Valhalla DSP”