Plugin out of tune depending on host?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I use the LinPlug DaOrgan Hammond B3 organ plugin. I play it live with a MIDI keyboard as a VST plugin using VST Host, and I use it to playback MIDI files as a DXi plugin (using Directixer to convert it from a VST plug to a DXi) in my sequencer, Power Tracks Pro.

The notes from the "live" version through VST host are about a semitone sharp from the notes generated from the sequencer. The notes in the sequencer are in tune with the rest of the tracks in the MIDI file, which are using the SB Audigy 2 synth.

Has anyone encountered this issue? Any ideas?

Thanks

dave_t

Are you running at 48k? If so, this is a common oversight (bug) by people who develop synths at 44.1.

The 44100/48000 difference is about a semitone (108.8 cents).

Best,
Steve

you will be running your audigy at 48k I'd imagine. THe creative cards are set that way in the ASIO drivers.

Bitcrusher is dead right - the plugin is assuming a samplerate of 44.1kHz, which is *not* what you're running at.

dave_t wrote:I use the LinPlug DaOrgan Hammond B3 organ plugin. I play it live with a MIDI keyboard as a VST plugin using VST Host, and I use it to playback MIDI files as a DXi plugin (using Directixer to convert it from a VST plug to a DXi) in my sequencer, Power Tracks Pro.
I have PTP 8 (didn't get a notice about PTP 9 yet, so this is news to me). I'll pick it up now and see what happens. I have DirectIXer for Sonar.

As someone else noted, Audigy is locked at 48K for ASIO, that's probably the problem. I've run it with ASIO4ALL at 44.1 with the driver doing resampling. DreamStation that shipped with Cakewalk Home Studio had the same problem.

I don't have DaOrgan, but I can try the demo. I've tried it before, without anything like this happening. I'll post when I find something out - including what DaOrgan does inside DirectIXer in Sonar.

Doug
Logic is a pretty flower that smells bad - Spock, in "I, Mudd"

For a good time click http://www.belindabedekovic.com/video_fl_en.htm

Hello What version of DAOrgan are you running? I think it was v1.3 that fixed the sample rate problem?
and v2.0 works perfect. Contact linplug to find out>

Wow! Fast and helpful ideas, thanks a lot! Having read the replies, I tried the same setup on my laptop at work (standard Crystal Audio WDM drivers) and the two plugins are in tune, so I'm guessing it must be an issue with the SB sample rate. I'm pretty sure I have the latest version of DaOrgan (2.01)

I will try to approach LinPlug directly, and I just realized they have a company forum at KVR, so I'll try that, too.

Thanks again!

dave_t

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”