FLStudio Bug

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Has anyone had problems loading larger 600mb [25min] wav files as audio tracks.

i can load 5min wav files on top of eachother but when i play them they skip and if i combine them to one larger wav i can't load it into FLS.

Everytime I try to load one of the larger files i get Access Violation at Address 00A92C76 in module FLEngine.dll Read of address 00000000

Suggestions appericiated, KVR-ROCKS,

Joe

Yeah I had that problem until realized that FL is not a mutlitracker... I fixed that by switching to reason.

not an option, i have a show on friday, plus I need vst support :roll: i seriously don't have the energy for this to turn this into a sequencer debate.

Does anyone know if latency even matters if you have no external gear??

it was sarchasm. I said reason since there is a total lack of audio support. Seriously, if you want to relably play 25 minute audio files I would choose something else. Do you really need a 25 minute file to be in one piece? chop it up. FL would handle that chore nicely

my set up is i make tracks in FLS like 3-5min in length.

I then export them as wavs and organize them by there respective bpms.

I mix the tracks on a master track where all of the bmps are automated to change with the track genre bpms.

The problem comes in where theses racks are being mixed. The audio seems to skip more when its reading 2 110mb [3-5min] wav files at one time.

Solution? I mix them together and render them as one larger master file? I minimize my cpu usage eliminate the skipping? Too good to be true? Yes FLS at this point seems to be rejecting the larger 25 min wav files.

:help:

Can you maybe export your VSTi instrument tracks as wav files out of FLS and then load them in Cool Edit Pro/Audition/WaveLab along side your long audio tracks and sync them all up to a SMPTE track?

Works for me! 8)
Last edited by xander on Wed Jun 02, 2004 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yes FLS at this point seems to be rejecting the larger 25 min wav files.
well if you first get more than 512mb ram you'll be able to play 600mb wave files correctly in FL

As an option, perhaps you could convert your WAV files to MP3 & use XTAL to play those MP3's inside FLS. That should solve some of your memory problem.

piranha wrote:As an option, perhaps you could convert your WAV files to MP3 & use XTAL to play those MP3's inside FLS. That should solve some of your memory problem.
Yes - That is also another very good option for those who have less that one gigabyte of memory. :wink:

Audacity is free and is designed to be a multitracker in the way you describe.

"A fast multitrack audio editor and recorder for Linux, MacOS, and Windows. Supports WAV, AIFF, Ogg, and MP3 formats. Features include envelope editing, mixing, built-in effects and plug-ins, all with unlimited undo."

http://sourceforge.net/projects/audacity/

i THINK I CAN BORROW A GIG OF RAM FROM A FRIEND FOR THE SHOW. IF NOTHING ELSE THE SKIPPING DOES SOUND KIND OF COOL. I MIGHT JUST LEAVE IT. I APPRECIATE THE HELP GUYS.

DOES LATENCY MATTER IF I DON'T HAVE ANY EXTERNAL GEAR?

HOW MUCH SOUND QUALITY WILL I LOSE MAKING THEM MAXED BT RATE MP3'S??

WHAT IS XTAL??

NO NEED TO SHOUT! :lol:
gol wrote:well if you first get more than 512mb ram you'll be able to play 600mb wave files correctly in FL
I think you're right gol, it looks like FL is trying to load everything into the RAM.

Peter.

I think you're right gol, it looks like FL is trying to load everything into the RAM
it's not for 16bit stereo files (try to load up a very long 16bit stereo wav, it will load up instantly. A 600mb WAV would take some time to load).

At least here. Someone reported FL's mem usage to grow up for kept-on-disk files, but it's definitely not happening on my system. I don't much care anyway. You can normally play 60mb 16bit stereo files even with not enough RAM, but I haven't checked and if it's not the case, it's up to the user to buy more RAM.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”