A question about ÜberMod (and possibly a bug report)

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey,

so I have been digging into ÜberMod lately, and given how amazing it is, I played with it while reading the manual. As some of my questions may be related to the specs of my system, I am running OSX 10.11.3, Live 9.6, and ÜberMod 1.0.2 (supposedly the beta version compatible with El Capitan.)

First, I have a question regarding the effect of the DEPTH parameter. Is it correct that DEPTH is basically a total modulation amplitude, i.e. if I set both SlowDepth and VibDepth to 100%, DEPTH will allow me to set their actual effect to anything between 0 and 100%?

Second, I tried to install the presets and they do not appear in ÜberMod. I followed Don Gunn's method, but that does not seem to work. Are you aware of any problem with presets specific to El Capitan?

Finally, I think that there is an issue with WARP InputPan. I was trying to set-up a ping-pong delay yesterday and, following the manual, I was switching the InputPan from Stereo to Left or Right. I was initially confused because I did not hear any difference, but then I realized that if I left the WARP page after setting InputPan to Left (for example), modified some parameters in another tab, and came back to the WARP page, InputPan had switched back to Stereo. Is it only on my computer or an actual bug?

Thanks!

Cheers
Moscom

moscom_electronics wrote: Finally, I think that there is an issue with WARP InputPan. I was trying to set-up a ping-pong delay yesterday and, following the manual, I was switching the InputPan from Stereo to Left or Right. I was initially confused because I did not hear any difference, but then I realized that if I left the WARP page after setting InputPan to Left (for example), modified some parameters in another tab, and came back to the WARP page, InputPan had switched back to Stereo. Is it only on my computer or an actual bug?
Also happen here ...
rabbit in a hole

Ok, so it is very likely a bug. Thanks for confirming it!

moscom_electronics wrote: First, I have a question regarding the effect of the DEPTH parameter. Is it correct that DEPTH is basically a total modulation amplitude, i.e. if I set both SlowDepth and VibDepth to 100%, DEPTH will allow me to set their actual effect to anything between 0 and 100%?
This is correct. The SlowDepth is also scaled by the MOD OverMod control, so the total depth for the Slow Depth is DEPTH * MOD Slow Depth * OverMod.

I need to come up with a preset called Slow Death:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EL3pP29N-Wc
Second, I tried to install the presets and they do not appear in ÜberMod. I followed Don Gunn's method, but that does not seem to work. Are you aware of any problem with presets specific to El Capitan?
I don't know of any El Capitan specific issues, but for some strange reason, the permissions on the UberMod preset folder act weird on some systems. I would recommend deleting this folder, then replacing with the ÜberMod preset folder from the FAQ:

http://valhalladsp.com/faq/#Presets
Finally, I think that there is an issue with WARP InputPan. I was trying to set-up a ping-pong delay yesterday and, following the manual, I was switching the InputPan from Stereo to Left or Right. I was initially confused because I did not hear any difference, but then I realized that if I left the WARP page after setting InputPan to Left (for example), modified some parameters in another tab, and came back to the WARP page, InputPan had switched back to Stereo. Is it only on my computer or an actual bug?
I'll look into this. The WARP InputPan parameter was added after the other parameters, in a later release. There might be a graphic bug, where the parameter is set to the correct value, but the display doesn't reflect this change when being refreshed.

Sean Costello

valhallasound wrote:There might be a graphic bug, where the parameter is set to the correct value, but the display doesn't reflect this change when being refreshed.
Something like this happens when choosing the 16phase mode. After opening another tab or closing the GUI and reopening the mode is graphically suddenly set to 8tap instead, but the sound seems to be the same. This happens in a bunch of different hosts (various versions of FL Studio, Reaper and Orion for some) and across various systems.

If I use Reapers own GUI for ÜberMod for a little while and change the value of mode (which is then called "Type") from 7.00 to a slightly higher value like for instance 7.13 the GUI will correctly show 16phase even after closing the GUI or looking at another tab and reopening.

I hope you can fix this, it's otherwise one of my favourite plugins. :wink: :pray:

There's also a bug in AAX (12.4) format on my mac (10.11.3)

Browse and select preset
Close and reopen GUI
It will still display the selected preset but pressing the forward arrow will always then select "8TapRandomChorusExample" from the Chorus folder.
Back arrow either does nothing or selects the last preset in the User folder.
"What embecile composed this list :/"

Gone soft wrote: Something like this happens when choosing the 16phase mode. After opening another tab or closing the GUI and reopening the mode is graphically suddenly set to 8tap instead, but the sound seems to be the same. This happens in a bunch of different hosts (various versions of FL Studio, Reaper and Orion for some) and across various systems.
Confirmed here too! and also would love to see fixes for this, as UberMod is one of my favs too!

By the way, the bugs happen with both AU and VST.

valhallasound wrote:
moscom_electronics wrote: First, I have a question regarding the effect of the DEPTH parameter. Is it correct that DEPTH is basically a total modulation amplitude, i.e. if I set both SlowDepth and VibDepth to 100%, DEPTH will allow me to set their actual effect to anything between 0 and 100%?
This is correct. The SlowDepth is also scaled by the MOD OverMod control, so the total depth for the Slow Depth is DEPTH * MOD Slow Depth * OverMod.

I need to come up with a preset called Slow Death:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EL3pP29N-Wc
I don't know of any El Capitan specific issues, but for some strange reason, the permissions on the UberMod preset folder act weird on some systems. I would recommend deleting this folder, then replacing with the ÜberMod preset folder from the FAQ:

http://valhalladsp.com/faq/#Presets
I'll look into this. The WARP InputPan parameter was added after the other parameters, in a later release. There might be a graphic bug, where the parameter is set to the correct value, but the display doesn't reflect this change when being refreshed.

Sean Costello

Thanks Sean

valhallasound wrote: I'll look into this. The WARP InputPan parameter was added after the other parameters, in a later release. There might be a graphic bug, where the parameter is set to the correct value, but the display doesn't reflect this change when being refreshed.
Sean Costello
Yeah it's just a graphic bug. the parameter value stays set.
/* whitenoise */ /* abandon */ /* reincarnated */

Just wanted to bump since I run into this bug also, on Win and OSX, and was wondering if it was ever going to get fixed? Also will the El Capitan perma-beta ever become an official release?
Makin' Music Great Again 8)

Übermod beta doesn't work on my EL Capitan system in Logic.

I'll wait to fuss with it until I have an official release of the EL Captian ready version.
waves break, but somehow it all makes sense.

Which Übermod version is best for El Capitan nowadays, the newest 1.0.2 version (1.0.2dot3) or the latest El Capitan Beta one (1.0.2dot9)?

El Capitan beta. It's a fresher build.

Thanks, Mr Costello. Anxious to get to know your plugins.

Return to “Valhalla DSP”