different volume and vibrato controllers in Concert Strings 2

Official support for: kirkhunterstudios.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi there,

is it possible in Concert Strings 2 to have a different midi CC for vibrato and volume? Via GUI you can assign on of them or both to CC1 (Modwheel) only, so no individual controls.

I tried to disable Volume control by Modwheel and instead assign the Kontakt patch volume to CC7, but that has a strange scale, it does not behave the same, it just doesn't behave organically, all values below say 64 are already silent and values near 127 are too loud.

I would really like to control vibrato and volume independently, but with the same behaviour as it is now via Modwheel.

PS: another question, pitchwheel currently only controls the slide/gliss modes. Can all of that be deactivated so pitchwheel controls pitch directly again?

Hi, just another user here.

Try automating the volume control(s) under settings and then use CC1 for vibrato and see how that works for you. If you are playing your samples dry it should be fine. If you are using the built in verb it may also affect the tails.
Intel 3930K, Gigabyte Ga-X79-UP4, Corsair AX860i, 64GB gSkill RAM, 4 X 120 GB Intel 520 SSD, 1T & 2T WD caviar black, EVGA nVidea 560, Asus Xonar Essence STX, Mixcraft 7 64 bit. Kontakt 5, MP, EWQL, KH, Omni. Soundcloud YouTube

Return to “Kirk Hunter Studios”