A time varying argument?

Official support for: sonicbirth.sourceforge.net
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello was wondering if it is possible to create a time varying argument? in other words multiplying buy a changing constant. Please help. thank you

metalplatedface wrote:a changing constant
That's a bit of an oxymoron, isn't it? Could you detail what you're trying to do?

I want to be able to vary the multiplier by something other then an audio input. I guess a changing arbitrary value that I could define over time. Your right it is an oxymoron to say a changing constant. lol what I meant was something like the constant module. Or to be able to take the audio input and out put arbitrary values for each sample related to its amplitude. I suppose I could use the forward fft and then turn that into polar to get amplitude values right? But I was looking for a more direct way. I am new to this so I might be overlooking something but any help would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Anyone have an Idea?

I don't know what you're trying to say. How can it be arbitrary if you're defining it? Maybe give us a screen shot of something close to what you're trying to do, just missing that one step you can't figure out. Or maybe try to rephrase it again? What is the overall effect you're trying to do?

So I will try and explain better. I am not proficient with this program or any other au creation software so please forgive my lack of terminology. I guess what I want to do is take information about an audio files
amplitude and have it become a changing argument. Meaning no actual audio is passed only numerical
values for its amplitude. For example at sample zero the amplitude is .00001 at sample 1 it is .0005 at sample
2 it is .5. I would like to be able to just take those values and apply them to another waveform over time.
So in that sense the values would just be that , multipliers or dividers, no audio, just values representing
the waveforms amplitude change overtime. Sounds kind of like midi :) I hope this clears up what I mean.
Would that be its envelope? Again I'm not sure. Just a newb trying not to drown here. Thanks for your help!

Return to “SonicBirth”