Potential AutoTheory Updates

Official support for: autotheorybymozaic.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi, I hope that you are enjoying AutoTheory. As we move forward with the product, we are very interested in getting your input. We have assembled a laundry list of ideas that may or may not be included in the update, including:

- A root option on all Chord Generator outputs. This would allow you to have an instrument play the root tone of the chord alongside of other instruments playing the full chord. This would be most beneficial for having a bass instrument play alongside your chord progression.
- A Chord Match mapping. In this mapping the Melody Lock would align in a static postion, just like the Relative Scale. The Chord Generator would act in a dynamic manner, adapting to whatever Melody Lock tone was selected.
- A Chromatic Scale mapping. This would be intended for high level keyboard players who want to use the Melody Lock in a traditional manner with the Chord Generator.
- A Bypass mapping. This would allow you to use your keyboard in a traditional manner without any Chord Generator or Melody Lock functions.
- Alternate and Random strum functions. This would affect the strum direction, not the duration or velocity.
- A humanize parameter for the strum effect. This would add imperfection to the duration and velocity parameters.
- Adding Power Chords and Power Chords (inverted) to the Global Chord Types parameter. This would include chords containing the 1-5 chord tone locations (diads).
- Drop down menus for the Key/Scale/Mapping parameters.
- Control mapping on AutoTheory parameters from your controller.

Please take the time to let us know what you think of these ideas. If you have any other requests or critiques of AutoTheory, please let us know.

Any ideas on a step by step connection process for Sonar X3?

Hello, I'll be buying this in the next day or so. Are there banks of common progressions for various genres of music? Like a bank of common rock progressions, common blues progressions, common soul progressions, funk progressions, neo soul progressions, edm progressions etc? Also making these progressions totally customizable allowing for the saving and recall of the chord sets? If not could these features be added in an update? Also can we have all the strumming features of the RE including the stroke function? More scales as well please. Thanks.

Hi, we will definitely be adding onto the strummer with the next update. What scales would you like to see? As far as the chord progressions go, AutoTheory is pretty open ended with what you can do. It does not really work like other programs in that sense, where the focus is on selected chord progressions. What I envision in the future, is a webpage on our site that provides the Key/Scale/Chord Progression info for a wide range of songs. There are also many "fake books" available that provide this type of information. I think it is also highly rewarding to experiment with different scales and chord types to create your own sound. Playing around with different scales will help you understand how the circle of fifths works in different modes, and how different chord types are placed in different locations within these scales/modes.

Hello, I'm Music Producer using Autotheory (in Reason 8.1) and find it very helpful in my productions and coming up with musical ideas quicker with it. However, I'm also a guitarist and would love to see the inclusion of guitar voiced chords especially with your strum, note velocity, human randomize features....etc. It'll eliminate purchasing other guitar chord/player plug ins and rack extensions. Guitar voicings (presets) such as 1-3-7-9, 1-5-7-9, and 1-7-11-13 specifically, not to mention the more advanced drop 2 and 4 chord voicings. 8) Any chance of this soon? :clap:

Madmaster,

Thanks for the input. At this point in time, we are focused on refining the primary functions of AutoTheory. We kind of see the Key, Scale and Global Chord types as presets in their own right. Once we get the core program parameters exactly where we want them, we will consider focusing on more global presets. I would recommend playing around with the chord editor functions. I'm sure that you can get exactly what you want with them. You can then save your own custom presets that fit your exact needs.

For more advanced users, the patented Chord Editor functions can be extremely helpful. It sounds like you have the foundation of knowledge necessary to take advantage of these. I encourage you to get your hands dirty and figure out your own formulas. Personally I don't play guitar, so I'm not sure exactly of what you are describing and how it relates to hand placement. I will say that what you describe can be easily achieved in the chord editor though. IMHO I think it is better to not use presets, and build things from scratch. I have heard many established engineers and producers say the same thing.

Thanks for the reply. I'll get under the hood and see what I can come up with. The chords that I've described are just inversions of what's already there. The voicings on guitar are the same notes, different order. Cool, I'll keep you posted on what I can come up with. Thanks again and great work on this product. :)

Return to “Mozaic Beats”