Please can we get a new forum for

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Bloody EDM/dubstep/trap sound copycat requests? The sound design forum used to be interesting, now these days it's flooded with this casual rubbish. "How do I made a saw lead" "How do I make this sound on Aviici's x" "How do I make a wub"

These people bring nothing to the discussion, often don't even say thankyou, and if you give them a few hints, they ask you to finish the job! What waveform should I use? Jesus Christ! How many different waveforms are there in most VA synths? TRY THEM! GOD HONESTLY! Does working with sound realy disgust these people that much that they have to operate on it remotely and vicariously through other people?

Yeah, this is an elitist snob request and will probably shot down with some good old modern tolerance. I don't have a problem with people asking how to make certain kinds of sounds. But this "I want this EXACT sound and want you to do all the work" - as someone who is passionate about synthesis - it just ...

*le sigh*
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

Suggested forum names on the back of a postcard please. I'll go first ;)

EDM n00bs
... space is the place ...

Alternatively, unless there is an accompanying 'here's what I've already tried' with corresponding audio examples of actual effort put in (although I'm with you, God knows why you'd want to copy that awful drivel) then the thread just gets deleted.

Sendy wrote:"How do I make this sound on Aviici's x"
Now spilling over in the instrument sub-forum too :o :P
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 1&t=409319

Pick Your Own Strawberries...

No...pick your OWN f**king strawberries!
Q. Why is a mouse when it spins?
A. The higher the fewer.

I could've sworn that the entire genre only had about 6 presets. :-)
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

:lol:

:dog: :hihi:

Actually Sendy,

I'm with you. I find that forum is flooded with the same or similar requests over and over.

Sadly, all posts are placed appropriately, but I wish that wasn't true. There's so much more to sound design, but most other posts get drowned out in that mess.

So, rather than bitch and moan endlessly... How about a "How to Sound like X (Sound Design) thread"?

That sounds terrible, but it's all I got for now. :help:

ZenPunkHippy wrote:Suggested forum names on the back of a postcard please. I'll go first ;)

EDM n00bs
avengers of avicii (or something like that just to emphasize the seriousness)
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

ZenPunkHippy wrote:Suggested forum names on the back of a postcard please. I'll go first ;)

EDM n00bs
I'm feeling that. How about...

Pimp my preset

The Great Sylenth/Nexus Preset Index

Saw Waves and Lowpass Filters 101

Sound Design Slaves of the Up And Coming Next Generation EDM Superstar Producaz

Help a Produca Out m8

How To Sound Like Everybody Else

I Have No Ideas, Yet I must Produce
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

Sendy wrote:Bloody EDM/dubstep/trap sound copycat requests? The sound design forum used to be interesting, now these days it's flooded with this casual rubbish. "How do I made a saw lead" "How do I make this sound on Aviici's x" "How do I make a wub"

These people bring nothing to the discussion, often don't even say thankyou, and if you give them a few hints, they ask you to finish the job!
They're just passing through and won't stick around long before they're onto their next get-rich-quick wheeze. If they don't get replies, they'll be around for even less. If you get rid of them though, that sub forum is going to be a home for tumbleweed – there just don't seem to be many threads that are more interesting there right now. Maybe it should just be merged into Production Techniques? Its useful-thread quotient is a bit higher.

perhaps a sticky "heres how to get that bloody [insert current trendsetter here] sound"
which could be replaced on a monthly basis with the new star of the edm world?

vurt wrote:perhaps a sticky "heres how to get that bloody [insert current trendsetter here] sound"
which could be replaced on a monthly basis with the new star of the edm world?
I bet you'd still get people asking.

It's not like you can't just google or youtube search to get the answers they're looking for. They're too lazy even for that.
Q. Why is a mouse when it spins?
A. The higher the fewer.

I'd say make it an offense. If they do it three times, ban them. But then you run the risk of scaring off genuine newcomers who want to learn and are interested in a dialog, perhaps?

I don't know. We're seeing a similar thing in the Music Theory forums. In fact, it seems to be happening with everything. I don't know how much dumbing down and casualization culture at large can take... It's like looking for the point when an infinitessimal becomes zero.
Last edited by Sendy on Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”