Wave Sequencing VSTS?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm curious which virtual instruments offer wave sequencing.

I'm looking for something a little bit more powerful than the Korg Wavestation. While I love that vst, I would like to have more control when editing wave sequences (copy, paste, reverse, etc.).

I know the OASYS offers a very advanced version of wave sequencing...but it's a little out of my price range!

Thanks,

p.

Agree to those above.

Synthmaster 2.5 also offer a vector oscillator so emulation of the Wavestation is possible while i still like to use both my Wavestation EX and the plugin for that.

You could also add Synapse Audio Dune to that list as you could modulate the waveform with the step sequencer.
In hardware this is also possible with the latest updates of the Virus TI.

Ingo
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Amazon: why not use an alternative

Can someone give me a rundown of the wave sequencing features of Synthmaster?

Keep in mind I'm not speaking of the PPG variety of wavetable synthesis here, my interest is in sequencing waves one after another, like one can do with a Korg Wavestation.

Can I load in my own waves? Can I set the amplitude/length of each wave? Can I crossfade between the waves? Can I reverse, or otherwise modify the waves in the sequence directly in the software?
I thought Kubik was a PPG style wavetable synthesizer. Is it possible to do proper wave sequencing as well? That is to say, something more advanced than using a random shaped LFO to control wave position?
HiEnergy wrote:http://www.kvraudio.com/product/wusik-station-by-wusik (sophisticated wave sequencer)
I'm going to try this out!
http://www.kvraudio.com/product/zebra-by-u-he (16 single cycle waves per sequence)
16 cycles is not enough. I'll dabble with Zebra some day though.

Thanks for the suggestions!

p.

petervh wrote: Can someone give me a rundown of the wave sequencing features of Synthmaster?

Keep in mind I'm not speaking of the PPG variety of wavetable synthesis here, my interest is in sequencing waves one after another, like one can do with a Korg Wavestation.

Can I load in my own waves? Can I set the amplitude/length of each wave? Can I crossfade between the waves? Can I reverse, or otherwise modify the waves in the sequence directly in the software?
Hi Peter,

You can install your own waveforms. You should copy single cycle AIFF/WAV files to a subfolder under <synthmaster root folder>\Resources\UserWaveforms

When you run SynthMaster next time it'll detect them and "import" into its library.

Next, start with an init patch, and set Osc1 type to "Wavesequencing"

Next, select number of waveforms

Next, set each of the 16 waveforms to sequence.

Next, play with the wave index parameter to sequence/crossfade between the waveforms.

You can also modulate wave index parameter with any of the modulation sources.

Hopefuly this summer we'll add some waveform manipulation/generation utilities to SynthMaster so it'll be more powerful in terms of single cycles, wavesequencing and resynthesis...

Cheers,

Bulent
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

So the conclusion is that there isn't really a synth that does what the Wavestation does? Like the OP I would be interested in that too...

Kubik possibly?

pdxindy wrote:So the conclusion is that there isn't really a synth that does what the Wavestation does? Like the OP I would be interested in that too...
Yes, there is one: the Wavestation... :oops: :D

Guess why is still got both the hardware and software version....

Ingo
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

ConcreteFX other synth Vetrik is a vector synth and is a much closer fit than Kubik for comparison, http://www.concretefx.com/Vectrik.htm

kv331 wrote: Hopefuly this summer we'll add some waveform manipulation/generation utilities to SynthMaster so it'll be more powerful in terms of single cycles, wavesequencing and resynthesis...
Yep, right now this is too limited for what I'm looking for. Looking for more than 16 steps (Wavestation allows for 255 steps).
ConcreteFX other synth Vetrik is a vector synth and is a much closer fit than Kubik for comparison, http://www.concretefx.com/Vectrik.htm
This appears to be a vector only synthesizer. I'm not looking for vector synthesis here, I'm looking for wave sequencing. It's true that you can sequence 32 points on the XY grid with Vetrik, but it allows you to work with only 4 samples at once.
So the conclusion is that there isn't really a synth that does what the Wavestation does? Like the OP I would be interested in that too...
I have yet to try Wusikstation, but it would seem that there is a market for a new advanced wave sequencing synthesizer.

petervh wrote:
I have yet to try Wusikstation, but it would seem that there is a market for a new advanced wave sequencing synthesizer.

It does seem like an obvious place for a few new and innovative synths to explore.

Wusik can do what a Wavestation can - so try Wusik.

It has two advanced wave sequencers and can morph from one to the other and back in sequences up to 256 waves.

It has 6 layers and its own sample editor built in. It has a groove box and first-class effects. It has a mod matrix and full envelope controls.

You just cannot go wrong with Wusik - which is a VERY powerful beast. The 3rd party support for it is massive.

www.wusik.com

Mike

Wusik has no Mac version...

Return to “Instruments”