Pro Tools training DVD for beginner

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello!

I have some kind of unusual question here. My dad (in his early 60s) does music since he can remember. He is good in arranging and writing music for bands, choirs and also wrote some musicals.
A few months ago, he bought himself a mac and a small digidesign mixing console (=> he uses Pro Tools), together with a pair of really sweet genelecs. Now I guided him a bit, showed him how it works and he has bought some books regarding mixing audio
When I visit him, I always notice that he still has big problems getting his ideas down into the DAW - also because he often doesn't know how to work with Pro Tools.

That's why I have the idea to get him some Pro Tools training DVDs for his birthday. I've found several DVDs, but I am still unsure what I should by. The best would be a DVD set containing small lessons, maybe even with example projects that guide him again through the very basics and maybe even some advanced subjects.
Does something like that exists? What DVDs should I get for him?

Do they need to be DVDs? Check out Groove3 for tutorials that can be streamed or downloaded.

http://www.groove3.com/str/pro-tools-training/

Edit: I just noticed that there is an option buy the discs as well.
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7 | TR-8S | MPC One | TD-3 MO

Have you tried books specifically on learning Pro Tools, rather than just mixing? Those usually come with a DVD that has the lessons with which you can follow along in the book.

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”