Anybody using Auralex Mopads?

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have just ordered a pair as i lost my others in a move,

Just curios, you know they come with a top and bottom half (The cut part of it out so you can lean your monitors on an angle).. has anybody had any use from the other smaller half that is the cut-away bit?

I have 2 sets of monitors, Adam A7X's and Yamaha HS50M's, the adam's are on expensive ultimate support ms-36 stands but my yamaha's are going to be on my desk, just curios if anybody has found the other half effective because i might just use that to go under my yamaha's instead of paying for another pair when I'm not really going to be using the yams for low end

Any thoughts?

Cheers

Mike
Anybody can do anything if they set their mind to it

I think that would be sufficient. Honestly I think any piece of foam would do the trick.

Thats great thanks a lot for the reply :)

They leave it in there so you can lean them forwards, backwards, or flat. Right now I use mine leaned forward slightly since my monitors are a little above my head. But once my stands come in and I can position my monitors at ear height, then I can use that extra small bit to just make the mopads flat

Yeah i have mine leaned forwards, so i have these cut off's spare, was curious if anybody had made use of them for a 2nd pair of monitors as I'm doing

Ha, yep I have my monitors angled down as well,
But I actually use one of the extra tiny tiny slivers under my laptop when I am out. It keeps vibrations from hitting it, keeps about 1/2 in of airflow under it, and tilts it forward just a tiny bit.
Oh and its a little extra padding when it is in my laptop bag. :tu:
ImageImageImageImage

Yeah Its interesting to see what you've used them for :).

I was considering buying extra mopads for the Yamaha's but considering there only 5 inch monitors and I'm only using them for the mid range not the low end so I'm sure they will be sufficient eneough :)

If you are in Europe these ones are a lot more affordable:

http://www.thomann.de/gb/search_dir.htm ... _7&x=9&y=8

They are great, for the sake of £12 i may swell order them

Thanks!

Mike

Got mine off Amazon!

I like mine, especially for angling the speakers to fine tune the sweet spot.
No longer with IK. Here is my Website | Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Instagram

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”