MiniSpillage2 Release Candidate 2

Official support for: audiospillage.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello,

We've just sent out the emails for the second release candidate of MiniSpillage2 (RC2). This version fixes a number of bugs that were reported in RC1 and restores compatibility with OS X 10.5 'Leopard'.

New features:

-Drag mouse across multiple sequencer steps to toggle on/off state

Bug fixes:

-Fixed validation failures under OS X 10.5
-Fixed noise snare drum brightness controll audio breakups/drop-outs
-Fixed issues when setting short sample loop points and changing modes
-Fixed transparency issues in sequencer edit/control view
-Fixed sample Normalize function
-Fixed pad names not reset during program reset
-Fixed multiple issues with the Aux envelope
-Fixed multiple issues with LFO2
-Fixed issues with mute/solo buttons in the sequencer control view
-Fixed envelope sustain handles disappearing outside of viewable area
-Fixed envelope/mod names inconsistencies

AudioSpillage

Thanks for update, works great now in 10.5 :D

Love the fact i can save my own custom pads. :)

Q: In rc2, MS2 does not remember the last used samples folder. Have I overlooked something or is this not yet implemented?

UncleAge wrote:Q: In rc2, MS2 does not remember the last used samples folder. Have I overlooked something or is this not yet implemented?
You haven't overlooked anything - you're exactly right. This should be cleaned up for the commercial release. Thanks!

AudioSpillage

I should also state just how impressed I am with MS2. My usual suspects include Microtonic, Addictive Drums and Ableton Live's drum racks. Each has their strengths. I have demo'd Tremor as well and I really liked its sequencer and graphs approach, specifically the ability to adjust the length of each lane. Combine that with the ability to layer the synth and sample content and now you're all in Live's drum racks territory. Add a simple sequencer like Tattoo and I am just wow'ed that this little gem is not getting more attention. The layout makes sense and is dead easy to use. Simple with a bit of depth.

Two small suggestions if I may...

1. It would be a bit special if it were possible for MS2 to record incoming data while in midi mode. It might allow for a quicker library build.

2. If a vst format comes to fruition it would be nice if MS2 output the sequencer data via midi.

If it happens or not is no biggie. I do wish you guys all the best though. It seems like you all paid attention to what people were looking for and just delivered it. Good job!

UncleAge wrote:I should also state just how impressed I am with MS2. My usual suspects include Microtonic, Addictive Drums and Ableton Live's drum racks. Each has their strengths. I have demo'd Tremor as well and I really liked its sequencer and graphs approach, specifically the ability to adjust the length of each lane. Combine that with the ability to layer the synth and sample content and now you're all in Live's drum racks territory. Add a simple sequencer like Tattoo and I am just wow'ed that this little gem is not getting more attention. The layout makes sense and is dead easy to use. Simple with a bit of depth.
Thanks for the positive feedback! Hopefully, with the final release we'll get a bit more attention...

UncleAge wrote:Two small suggestions if I may...

1. It would be a bit special if it were possible for MS2 to record incoming data while in midi mode. It might allow for a quicker library build.

2. If a vst format comes to fruition it would be nice if MS2 output the sequencer data via midi.
A MIDI record feature is on the to-do list. It makes sense for a drum machine to work this way opening up live pattern programming etc. Regarding MIDI out: there are a few AU hosts that allow MIDI output from an instrument plugin. Logic and Live don't allow this yet as far as I know. Would be a great feature to add though.

UncleAge wrote: If it happens or not is no biggie. I do wish you guys all the best though. It seems like you all paid attention to what people were looking for and just delivered it. Good job!
Thanks for sharing your opinion!

AudioSpillage

liking the app a lot. the one bug i find when running it in Logic 9.1.7 (and earlier versions as well - I just updated a week ago). when I go to adjust the volume level of an individual pad while the song is playing, it will crash about half the time. only thing I've run into so far.
macbook pro 2.88 GHz Intel Core Duo, 10 gigs ram, 750GB HD, Logic Studio 9
my blog and some music:
http://rabbitearsmotel.wordpress.com/

michael2 wrote:liking the app a lot. the one bug i find when running it in Logic 9.1.7 (and earlier versions as well - I just updated a week ago). when I go to adjust the volume level of an individual pad while the song is playing, it will crash about half the time. only thing I've run into so far.
Thanks Michael, glad you're into it! Will look into this issue. It's not something we've encountered in Logic but something must be amiss.

Cheers!

AudioSpillage

michael2 wrote:liking the app a lot. the one bug i find when running it in Logic 9.1.7 (and earlier versions as well - I just updated a week ago). when I go to adjust the volume level of an individual pad while the song is playing, it will crash about half the time. only thing I've run into so far.
Testing in Logic now but can't reproduce the problem.

If this happens again could you send a crash report to support [at] audiospillage [dot] com?

Thanks!
AudioSpillage

Return to “AudioSpillage”