loop preview

Official support for: photosounder.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello,
I'm trying to see if photosounder fills my needs, and unfortunately it seems it doesn't.

The main thing I find missing, although it might be just me not knowing how to do it, is looping a section of audio.
I would like to use photosounder instead of complex filter automation I am doing at the moment to highlight or suppress a given band in audio, the paint tool seems to be doing exactly what I want BUT

to listen to what I just painted I have to change the tool to arrow (is there a shortcut for that?) place my cursor in front, press play, stop, change the tool back to paint.. too annoying to be a part of workflow.

I know when someone is working on a short sample it doesn't matter, you can just leave in on loop, but if I want to load a 4m recording to work on 2secs in the middle a looping feature would be a killer.

Also there should, in my opinion, be a reset button to the knobs - if I move any by accident I have to restart the program (If I'm just doing fine sculpting editing I don't want to mess around with everything else)

I really hope to see looping implemented, I'd be happy to buy the software then (ideally in a similar fashion to cooledit/audition where you just select a section and with an option on it will loop when played.

thanks a lot

zbr wrote:Hello,
I'm trying to see if photosounder fills my needs, and unfortunately it seems it doesn't.

The main thing I find missing, although it might be just me not knowing how to do it, is looping a section of audio.
I would like to use photosounder instead of complex filter automation I am doing at the moment to highlight or suppress a given band in audio, the paint tool seems to be doing exactly what I want BUT

to listen to what I just painted I have to change the tool to arrow (is there a shortcut for that?) place my cursor in front, press play, stop, change the tool back to paint.. too annoying to be a part of workflow.

I know when someone is working on a short sample it doesn't matter, you can just leave in on loop, but if I want to load a 4m recording to work on 2secs in the middle a looping feature would be a killer.

Also there should, in my opinion, be a reset button to the knobs - if I move any by accident I have to restart the program (If I'm just doing fine sculpting editing I don't want to mess around with everything else)

I really hope to see looping implemented, I'd be happy to buy the software then (ideally in a similar fashion to cooledit/audition where you just select a section and with an option on it will loop when played.

thanks a lot
I'll consider this feature. Would something to loop only the part on screen would do? Cause that would be extra simple for me to implement (as opposed to defining an arbitrary range). As for resetting ALL the knobs at once it's already there, menu Edit > Default Values or just press D on your keyboard. And sorry I didn't see this thread earlier, I don't get notified of new threads :(.
Developer of Photosounder (a spectral editor/synth), SplineEQ and Spiral

Return to “Photosounder”