July 20th : V0.9.150 : Bug fixes related to CTDs

Official support for: sonigen.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Ok there's a new update up, this is all bug fixes relating to the crashes some people have been experiencing.

So if you werent havning problems there's nothing new here.

The problem is that it was crashing out right whenever it couldn't access a file. This can occur in mutliple events, either loading a file, changing the current preset, or a preference, or something being written to the error log. The preset loading and saving catches and handles it gracefully but unfortunately I didnt consder that the update to the configuration (the last loaded patch being part of that, so happens whenever you load a patch) might also fail, so that was causing CTDs (Crash to Desktop for anyone who didnt see the explanation in the other thread).

CTF = Crash to floor. A bug frequently experienced in pubs, clubs and bars.

But it's not all fixed yet, i have some more stuff to do, and I need to double check everything once I have.

If you do still have CTDs, can you try it from an admin account, and also check that any of the files are not marked as read-only.

And feel free to email me, or post in here if you have any problems.

Thanks,

http://www.sonigen.com/download.php
Last edited by sonigen on Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chris Jones
www.sonigen.com

sonigen wrote:CTF = Crash to floor. A bug frequently experienced in pubs, clubs and bars.
:hihi:

Thanks for the update!

Cheers
Dennis

Anyone still experiencing problems?

If not I can start work on some new features!

:D
Chris Jones
www.sonigen.com

sonigen wrote:Anyone still experiencing problems?

If not I can start work on some new features!

:D
I made a 24 minute piece that had 3 instances of Sonigen, running in FL Studio last night and I didn't notice a single glitch whatsoever. the patches were fairly complex, but not much of a hit on the CPU.

I love this synth, Chris! :D

New features means new inspiration and new patches!

Jesse J wrote:I love this synth, Chris! :D

New features means new inspiration and new patches!
Nice to hear you're enjoying the Synth!

It feels like its been bug fixes and VST stuff for ages now so I'm glad to be working on some new features to be honest.

Cheers,
Chris Jones
www.sonigen.com

Return to “Sonigen”