DB location? REWIRE?

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm just starting on the demo version and I'm liking it.

But.... Is there an option to install the DB to a location other than the default location (like on the D: drive)? I like to keep only my OS on a small, fast C: drive whenever possible. I can understand why you would want your program installed in a protected folder on the C: drive but is it really necessary to put the DB there too?

Also, have you considered REWIRE? That would allow me to hookup to my DAW (Reaper x64).

You can move the application folder wherever you want, it does not need to be in "Program Files". The database/settings folders can be moved to the program folder (RapidComposer). E.g. you move the program folder to D:\RapidComposer and copy the other directories there too (D:\RapidComposer\Settings, D:\RapidComposer\DB, etc).
Because applications have no rights to modify files in their own program directory (in C:\Program Files\AppName), we were forced to place the files in C:\Users\<name>\AppData\Roaming\RapidComposer.

REWIRE will come but I cannot promise a definite date when it will be implemented. At the moment we are working hard on v1.6 which has many improvements (better harmonization, new chord palette, smart displaying of overlapped notes, more polished look...). It will be released in about 2 weeks.

Thanks,
Attila

Thanks. That worked.

Here's an interesting article; looks like you're heading in the same direction.

http://www.redicecreations.com/article.php?id=10338

Good point! Our aim is to be able to describe musical styles in a mathematical way, then help people create music based on those style descriptions. This includes playing styles of different instruments and styles of individual composers/musicians. By "styles" I don't mean ready-made patterns that some applications offer but rules and other ways to describe styles. To achieve this RapidComposer was developed which provides the foundation for this feature. Instead of dealing with absolute notes, music is rendered in RapidComposer just like a ray-traced image is rendered in a graphics software, in several steps.

Thanks for the article!
Attila

Heres a link to a program that I haven tried yet but looks interesting. I'm going to d/l it and see what it does.

http://www.sonicvisualiser.org/index.html

The Vamp Plugin design may be of particular interest to you.

Return to “MusicDevelopments”