installing manybass soundset

Official support for: manytone.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

this is what i'm getting: "Extracting file "..." ....... FAIL"

this is for every file. i put all the downloaded files in the same folder, incl UnRAR

what's up?

thx!

Hi politcat

As the instructions say you need to do this:

After downloading all of the above files just double click the file called "soundset setup.exe". (Providing that all the downloads above are in the same folder as described above).
This will automatically install all the soundsets and rar files in this folder you just downloaded.

Did you try that? You should only need to execute the 1 file. If so and you are still getting errors then it means your downloads are not complete.

In that case I would suggest using a download manager like flash get to assure your IP or somewhere along the route is not cutting the downloads short.

The archive is fine on the server as we had others download it the last days successfully.

It sounds like a corrupt download though.

Paul

1 more point....
with the pc download you should also be able to try (test) each rar on its own without the soundset setup file. If they error on there own then it is surely the fact the files are not completely downloaded on your end.

You could also try being sure you have a recent version of Winrar.

That's all I can suggest at this point. Failing to un-rar usually mean corrupt download.

Paul

yes, I followed the directions carefully.

I use flashget (and orbit) often, but with this, the downloads wouldn't start. I thought maybe it had to do with the password window, which doesn't come up when I try flashget and orbit.

i'll download again

<sigh>

I tried getting some of the smaller files and they're downloading corrupt again.

is this too much to send via email?

Hi politcat

I have heard 1 instance where someones firewall was cutting the downloads short. That may be another issue to look into.

Also ..if you are redownloading.... try 1 file at a time and then try to open the individual rar. This will let you know if files are getting cut off before you re download the works.
(Edit - I see you replied at same time ...hmmm)

Paul

BTW - it is way too big to send via email .. 2 gig is not going to happen via email.

I assure you though it should work. We have hundreds of successful downloads of this archive.

manytone wrote:Hi politcat

I have heard 1 instance where someones firewall was cutting the downloads short. That may be another issue to look into.

I assure you though it should work. We have hundreds of successful downloads of this archive.
I have no firewall.

i've no doubt it works, just not for me :(

I was able to download with orbit but the files were still corrupted

fyi I downloaded all the files last night and they were fine. (just so you know its not necessarily manytone's server).

That is frustrating politcat, hope you get it figured out.

Are you on comcast by any chance? I read an article on how they are mucking up downloads for large bandwidth users.
too much is never enough. - gmontano on esoundz.com

gmon72 wrote:fyi I downloaded all the files last night and they were fine. (just so you know its not necessarily manytone's server).
no, it's not a problem at manytone. broken downloads happen sometimes but I have to ask what to do cuz i'm not technically minded. I don't know what's wrong

I'm not on comcast.

what OS are you on? XP? Vista? Anything special with the rights on the folder? How deep is your folder? What is the name of the folder? Try to keep it simple and in the root of your C:\ like c:\bass

gmon72 wrote:what OS are you on? XP? Vista? Anything special with the rights on the folder? How deep is your folder? What is the name of the folder? Try to keep it simple and in the root of your C:\ like c:\bass
XP

rights? I dunno what that means so I guess not

I downloaded to my desktop, "manybass"

i tried to d/l to C:\ ... Still corrupted

thx tho

hmm, what browser are you using.

gmon72 wrote:hmm, what browser are you using.
FF but I also tried IE

I'll pm you some options politcat.

I know what it is like and how frustrating this can be.... I just had it happen to me here recently while trying to get some large files I purchased from a website.

Here is the weird thing... I have 2 systems here both hooked up to the same router and Internet line. 1 system continually downloaded to 99% and then failed the download. So I tried on the other (older) system using the same downloader (flashget) and it worked 100% on the 2nd system. Yet both systems are on the same router?
Go figure?

I'll sort you out though politcat, even if I have to send you a dvd.

Paul

Return to “Manytone Music”